Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F-Body Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
98camarordr
AF Newbie

Exclamation 98 camaro keyless remote programming

hey everyone I NEED HELP!! i cant seem to find programming instructions for my 98 camaro keyless entry system. if anyone can help it would be apprieciated!!! I know my camaro is equipped with a factory keyless entry system. so if anyone can help me out it would be highly apprieciated!!!
98camarordr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Re: 98 camaro keyless remote programming

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the body control module (BCM) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Remove the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times within 5 seconds. The BCM will confirm entry into the programming mode by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will confirm the programming of that transmitter by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4transmitters.
Replace the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
jnunez4
AF Newbie

Hello all!

Trying to program a key fob for my 98 Camaro SS and found this post. I followed the directions as noted, I removed the radio fuse, cycled the key and I get the lock, unlock confirming it enters the programming mode. I then hold down simultaneously the lock/unlock buttons on the remote for 15+ seconds but nothing happens. I then replaced the battery on the remote and still nothing. Any other suggestions or ideas what might be wrong? I do have the stereo head unit disconnected at the moment... not sure if this might be causing the issue? Any help would be surely appreciated!

Thanks,
JC
jnunez4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:16 AM   #4
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis