Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #76
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: AFTERMARKET BULBS: COLOR TEMPERATURE AND USABLE LIGHT OUTPUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETOOTH NINJA
Anybody bought the Silverstar Ultra bulbs?. I just got them and they are slightly brighter and give more light to the side than regular Silverstars.
I haven't run Silverstar Ultra bulbs. I know people who have run Silverstars, I ran them in my finacee's car (I didn't want to pay for PIAA in a car I wasn't driving), I've ran PIAA in my car(several types of PIAA bulbs). I'm not supprised the Ultra's are brighter than the regular ones with a little more side output. They most likely have a higher Luman Output despite being the same wattage. As I explained early in this sticky, watts are just the power consumtion. Lumans are the actual measure of light output, i.e, how bright a light is. Typically higher wattage means higher lumans, but company's can make a more efficent bulb, meaning higher luman output bulb while still using the same wattage. This is what PIAA and the Silverstars do. I figured that the Ultra's were higher lumans, sounds like they are. I might have to convince a friend to put them in their car and check em out. Me, I run nothing but PIAA in my honda. All are good bulbs though.

I'm glad to hear the Ultra's are brighter than the regular silverstars. For that price they better, LOL. I'm glad you are buying quality bulbs. You can never have too much usable light at nighttime!!!

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #77
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

McCollough 6000k HIDs

Cost: $250-325 per set
Install: PnP (plug in like a stock light)

-wonderful lights on the road...they illuminate EVERYTHING. I have had Silverstars, Nokya Yellows, Nokya blues, and a few others, but NOTHING compares. I'm getting HID's in every car i own from here on....I can get pictures eventually if anyone needs...
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #78
joemunk89
AF Newbie

hey, im tryin to upgrade my headlights cuz the ones i got suck, so im looking at these halo projection ones that run like about 180 heres the link: http://www.k2motor.com/2lhpcv01jmks.html

so the question is do those come with bulbs n what type wil they use n how much do u think they are.
joemunk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #79
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemunk89 View Post
hey, im tryin to upgrade my headlights cuz the ones i got suck, so im looking at these halo projection ones that run like about 180 heres the link: http://www.k2motor.com/2lhpcv01jmks.html

so the question is do those come with bulbs n what type wil they use n how much do u think they are.
They are using Halogen lighting. It's impossible to tell the actual bulb type from the picture, but I'm going to guess they are using an H1 or an H3 bulb.

It should come with regular yellow halogen bulbs for high and low beams. Nothing special, it's the regular stuff you find at the auto parts store. You can ID the bulb type once you get them if you want to be sure. It should be marked on the bulb base somewhere. You can always post up a picture and I can try to ID it.

If you want something nicer, like people have talked about in this thread, you can get that after you ID the bulb types.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #80
henryhops
AF Newbie

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read,shadi online
I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.This looks absolutely perfect.new jobs
All these tinny details are made with lot of background knowledge. I like it a lot. This was a useful post and I think it is rather easy to see from the other comments as well that this post is well written and useful.Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done….
henryhops is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting