Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Paul d.
AF Newbie

Hyundai Accent malfunction indicator and acceleration problem

I had my 2013 Hyundai Accent for only 2 years with only 43,000 km and theres already a problem. From the beginning of owning this used car sometimes I noticed when backing out into my driveway and into the street then pressing the gas pedal there would be like a split second pause then after that my car would start to go forward. I also notice the engine always seems extremely hot(but no smoke ever) and makes a very high pitched sound after I turn the car off similar to that high pitched sound that occurs in your ears after hearing extremely loud music for hours. Today my fuel indicator was at the last bottom bar and it was flashing and it flashes when it always reaches the last bar. Usually I wait til that last bar goes completely away then I immediately fill the car with gas but while the bar was still there and flashing my car stopped as I was driving it and it couldnt start. I thought maby my car ran out of gas but like I said always before my car never ran out of gas even when the last bar went completely away, so why was there now a difference? I lived a block away where this happened and got gas from my garage and put it in my car. My car then started and drove BUT the Malfunction indicator turned on and is remaining on with no flashing. I drove on the highway and it first drove 110 km, then I made a stop to a cut off and my car had trouble driving over a ramp and couldnt go faster than 30 km. I got back onto the highway and could not go faster than 60 km as I kept on pressing the gas pedal, the acceleration was very slow in increasing the speed as I pressed the gas pedal. Anyone have an idea whats going on? You know, I only had this car for 2 years and I thought these kinds of problems should happen in like 15 years not 2 already. WHAT THE?

I explained the problem of the malfunction indicator remaining on(but not the acceleration problem as of yet) at the service place where I bought this car thats still under warranty and the service guy on the phone said either the gas cap is loose(which its not) or its because you ran out of gas. IS THAT TRUE? Will the malfunction indicator turn on and remain on if your car runs out of gas? He even said the malfunction indicator may ALWAYS remain on for years because you ran out of gas the one time. I dont believe that.

Last edited by Paul d.; 06-23-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Paul d. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > General Discussion