Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:10 AM   #1
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew
Thumbs up My Brother and I

Well, i finally got to actually "get on" my sol for the first time since the driveline upgrades. Look at sig for upgrades by the way. Anyhow, My brother and i just got done bowling and were on the way home. We share a house together, so naturally we take the same route. We both were on dates, so we both drove. Anyhow, at the last light before our house we both got to line up on a red. Now he drives a 04' Mustang Mach I. Basically a Cobra. I knew i was gonna get killed, but i figured why not, at least i will get to see how my new tranny accerlates. So the light turns green and we both hit it. To my surprise, i shoot foward and get about a half a car lead on him. My LSD really made a difference with the launching and traction between gears. But, as soon as i hit third , he comes rolling by me like i am sitting still. Not surprising, as i was ecpecting it, but at least i got the jump on him. I asked him what happened when we got home, as i thought he would murder me all the way around. He said that he spun at the line, even with traction control on. i noticed when he shifted to second, he did get the rear end a little squirley. So maybe he just gave a little bit too much gas. Oh well, i had the glory for at least two gears.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66
Re: My Brother and I

i guess 2 gears>no gears.......nice launch i guess.....
Old 12-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

He had TC on for shame!

Good run though mach1s are great cars.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
94PreludeJDM
AF Enthusiast

Yeah nice launch, but just so you know, a mach 1 is no where close to a cobra. I have friends with both, Mach 1...305 hp 320 lbs/ft stock, cobra...390hp and 390 lbs/ft stock, and most say that's an understatement, that it's closer to 390 to the ground. Though I'm still not reallyl a Mustang fan cuz everyone has them, the mach 1 and cobras are nice. I had a similair thing happen to me as well. My friend has a mach 1, he was two cars in back of me, and there was a fox body between us. He blew by both of us, and i tried to keep up with him, but to no avail (obviously)...And all this was before he put 7 grand into the engine, haha.
1994 Prelude VTEC: JDM H22A w/ LSD, Pro-Clutch racing clutch, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley System, DC Sport Short Throw Kit, Short Shifter, AEM CAI, Ground Control Coilovers, KYB AGX shocks, front strut bar, DC Sport rear strut bar, JDM one-piece black housing headlights, black housing bumper lights, custom taillights

FS: 2 12" Pioneer VCCS subs ($175 shipped OBO)
Ingalls' front camber kits (polyurethane bushings, new in box, never used, $150 OBO)
94PreludeJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #5
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

is that the supercharged cobra you are talking about? I was refering to the older cobra's that were not supercharged. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I know the SVT 04 are completely different from the mach I's due to it have a supercharger. Makes a world of difference. Sounds mean too.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
94PreludeJDM
AF Enthusiast

Aaahh, got ya, yes those were the supercharged numbers, makes sense now though.
1994 Prelude VTEC: JDM H22A w/ LSD, Pro-Clutch racing clutch, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley System, DC Sport Short Throw Kit, Short Shifter, AEM CAI, Ground Control Coilovers, KYB AGX shocks, front strut bar, DC Sport rear strut bar, JDM one-piece black housing headlights, black housing bumper lights, custom taillights

FS: 2 12" Pioneer VCCS subs ($175 shipped OBO)
Ingalls' front camber kits (polyurethane bushings, new in box, never used, $150 OBO)
94PreludeJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
smeagal
AF Newbie

Re: Re: My Brother and I

Now whose car is faster, Privatebigandrew or 94PreludeJDM?
smeagal is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!