Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:55 AM   #1
bingiboy
AF Newbie

Unhappy Vn commodore Climate Control / Radio

Im having trouble trying to remove the console/cover around my VN so I can get the radio out, but im having trouble getting the climate control forward so I can pull the console out enough to get to the side of the radio. There are five rubber tubes connected to a black doobie at the top of the CC, with a screw at the top of that, I take the screw out, but it still wont budge, do I touch this or not??? directly below is a clip with wires, which i think I have to take out, but i cannot pull it out, and I know that I have to unclip the metal rod at the bottom, but because i cant get the other stuff out of the way, i cant get to it!!

Please peoplz, give me with your expertise, so I can get to the snow on the weekend!!!!
Thanks guys.
bingiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #2
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
Re: Vn commodore Climate Control / Radio

Quote:
This is very vague because its been years since Ive done it. Remove the surround around the shifter if its an Auto (this just pulls out) If you move the shifter down into second the surround can be manouvered around and off the shifter.There will then be screws which hold the trim plate for the a/c controls/headunit and the few buttons for a/c on off etc. Once the above piece of trim is removed you'll see screws for the a/c control Unit, unscrew them, unplug the unit and take it out. Follow the same process for whatever else is in the way. Once you take the surround away from the shifter and look for screws its pretty self explainatory.
Quote from this site: http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=13060

So I guess you need to take it out?
I remember a tutorial on some webpage about changing the head unit in VN/VPs, can't find it now though

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Jonno is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion