Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 12:08 AM   #1
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
Thumbs down How to make SDU look like a bunch of pricks...

....jump all over some guy's arse just cos he posted in here, and doesn't have a Skyline. I didn't bother with the 2003 Supra thread, because I wasn't particularly interested in reading about a Supra, or another car comparison thread. I just checked it out (on advice from someone who had read it) and Bloody Hell! Try as I might, I couldn't see anything offensive in the guy's opening post. He forgot to attach the picture, presumably. Big Fat Hairy Deal. Who here has never ever done that? The rest of that thread just left a really bad taste in my mouth. It's the old rule of the internet - would you be like that to someone's face? I don't think so, and I fucking hope I don't get slammed the next time I forget to attach a fucking picture (it's happened before, and it'll happen again) or post somewhere other than the Skylines area

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
Old 01-25-2002, 12:31 AM   #2
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Flaming ?!?!?

So let me get this right. Your all pissed off. Your a moderator for SDU on the SDU forums. You come to AF and are flaming SDU members. Interesting.

Maybe little more tacfull way of trying to get your point across would have been better than this one Raf. I mean you usually have much better ways of putting things, I have seen it.

Oh btw there was no need to go off as you now look worse than anyone who posted in that thread. Tisk Tisk.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 01-25-2002, 12:35 AM   #3
SPECTR
AF Enthusiast

Hmm

Attitude is a seven letter word
SKYLINE

"Sarcasm is just one more service I offer."

Old 01-25-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
TatII
AF Fanatic

whats goin on here? who are you? where am i? what am i doin here? j/p
Old 01-25-2002, 01:33 AM   #5
tazdev
I'm still here

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
whats goin on here? who are you? where am i? what am i doin here? j/p
whats goin on here? stuff

who are you? i'm me

where am i? you're there

what am i doin here? only you can answer that question
Old 01-25-2002, 01:41 AM   #6
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Re: Flaming ?!?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorgtst
So let me get this right. Your all pissed off. Your a moderator for SDU on the SDU forums. You come to AF and are flaming SDU members. Interesting.

Maybe little more tacfull way of trying to get your point across would have been better than this one Raf. I mean you usually have much better ways of putting things, I have seen it.

Oh btw there was no need to go off as you now look worse than anyone who posted in that thread. Tisk Tisk.
tactless? flaming? Maybe you should have a look and remind yourself of what went on in that thread. Me maybe = kettle, but I think you might be casting yourself in the role of the pot.

Me being a moderator (for one teensy itty bitty section) in SDU has fucking nothing to do with anything. Fact is, his first post was completely inoffensive, and the poor bastard got completely shat on for it. Ok, his next post was a bit aggressive - after he had been totally dumped on for a solid 2 or 3 pages.

And no way do I look anywhere near as bad as most who posted in that thread. I didn't go off at someone for no apparent reason at all.

And I'm less pissed off than I am dissapointed; cos I know you guys, and I can't figure why you'd be like that. Like I said, I really hope you wouldn't shit down my neck for messing up and not attaching a picture to a post.

Old 01-25-2002, 01:50 AM   #7
tazdev
I'm still here

the inital replys to that post were all good natured it was when he came back and got nasty that things went down hill there.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:25 AM   #8
Slip
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Slip Send a message via Yahoo to Slip
Im off to have a read.....

Moondog gotta love how we can say fuck shit and cunt on here eh
Ive found a way around it for sdų though
Old 01-25-2002, 09:36 AM   #9
TatII
AF Fanatic

well moondog i woudln't never took a took at that post until you brough it up here. hmmmmm no comment. that thread was just plain weird. but some of hte people here got some pretty creative minds to say stuff like that lolz.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #10
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Well if you keep going on like this I will shit all over ya mate. Very fucking straight forward. If some tosser wants to invade our turf with a mindless post, then not explain himself, yep I will shit all over him really fast. If you don't like than don't fucking read it, or move the fuck on.

Gee you think I like using that word or something. Don't try and get aggressive with me either because you know me better than that I will bite straight up. You seem to be the only one with a problem here. Yea I read the thread again and again and again. Had he come back and explained himself better I doubt it would have went further, but he didn't and went postal. No one forced you or him to come in here and post shit like this.

So maybe it is too much for the both of you. There is always the annally correct SDU forum in which you can reside, and your thread has only brought more attention to it :finger:
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 01-25-2002, 11:06 AM   #11
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Moondog

Way to go . . .

It's nice to see a member stand up for waht they believe is the RIGHT thing to do.

I'll be paying close attention to this little corner of AF for a while . . . let's see if we all can't improve the demeanor in this forum.

Happy posting . . .
Old 01-25-2002, 11:53 AM   #12
Spec2 Girl
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
Razor, I have also looked at the thread that Moon is talking about, and I've got to say that I felt sorry for the poor guy. He probably felt really intimidated by you all after the initial posts and that's why he didn't reply. I'd hate to think that me posting outside my area wouldn't cause someone to tell me to fuck off. If I stuck to "my area" I'd be making no posts, as like the Supra section, the FTO section doesn't get much action. I must say I've never seen any of you act that way before (maybe purely because I'm Moon's wife - I don't know), but I'd hate to think that anyone would be like that towards me if I posted in any other sections. In fact, the Honda guys made me feel very welcome.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t

Old 01-25-2002, 11:59 AM   #13
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by tazdev
the inital replys to that post were all good natured it was when he came back and got nasty that things went down hill there.
wrong. The 4th reply, well before he came back, was:
Quote:
Not confused here just another stupid ass who has nothing better to do than post outside his own area. Piss off dick weed.
now tell me that isn't being needlessly agressive.

Old 01-25-2002, 12:00 PM   #14
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Thumbs up

Hi FTOgirl . . .

I believe we should be seeing a kinder, gentler Razor in the future.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:06 PM   #15
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Anyway, I'm fed up with this. If you can't admit when you've done something a little wrong, then fine; just don't get shitty with me about it. I posted just to try to draw a little attention to how we appear, and what others might then think of us as a group, in the hope you might think a little before flaming some poor kid's arse. Is it so hard to be nice, and welcoming to a stranger to our section? Surely we want people coming to discuss Skylines, cos they're a great car, and that's surely what this is about. I doubt he'll be coming back, and before you come out with a knee-jerk reaction that that's a good thing, just think that he must actually like or respect the Skyline at some level to bother posting in this section.