Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:49 PM   #1
Jascias
AF Newbie

Question Which Integra is better in handling?

I have only driving the 2 Gen Integra, But would like to know which integra has the best handling, turning, and overall feel of the road in everybody's Opinion.

I guess what I am asking is if you had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen integra with same Identical Engines, with (lets say) 16 size tires, which one would you say handles the best?
Jascias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
billab2ong
AF Regular

94+ by far.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know. But I really don't like it and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Uh-uh. Not really. I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: So you're going to get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'll like another job.
Joanna: Well what are you going to do about money? Bills?
Peter Gibbons: You know I never really liked paying bills, I don't think I'm going to do that either
billab2ong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
yea, 94+, the ITR 1st and the GSR 2nd IMO.
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 03:03 AM   #4
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

this is kind of off topic, but i just recently found out that the 93 gsr integ is faster than the type-r, not by much but still faster nonetheless. that kind of stun me a bit, and it questions the type-r's performance, wouldn't u guys agree?
Old 09-20-2003, 03:24 AM   #5
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jascias
I guess what I am asking is if you had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen integra with same Identical Engines
hold up, 4th gen? if ur referring to the rsx then thats a kinda-sorta-but-not-really type of issue since the engine and body stlye isn't the same. a good example would be the del sol and how its supposed to be the next gen crx. the only correlation between them is that both are a two seater, mostly everything else is different.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:35 PM   #6
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran_nsx
hold up, 4th gen? if ur referring to the rsx then thats a kinda-sorta-but-not-really type of issue since the engine and body stlye isn't the same. a good example would be the del sol and how its supposed to be the next gen crx. the only correlation between them is that both are a two seater, mostly everything else is different.

I think that the rsx is considered the 5th gen.

oh and i think that the ITR is a little faster than the 93 gs-r specs should be like 14.7-14.9 for ITR and 15.0-15.1 for 93 gs-r and like 15.3-15.5 for newer gs-r

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:41 PM   #7
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorwj

oh and i think that the ITR is a little faster than the 93 gs-r specs should be like 14.7-14.9 for ITR and 15.0-15.1 for 93 gs-r and like 15.3-15.5 for newer gs-r
ok now u lost me. what happened to the 4th gen? the last time i checked, there was only 3 gen of integs, then came the rsx, which to me is the making of a new car using a similar body structure. of course this is just my

with the itr and gsr issue, it cools if u give me ur opinion, but i need more than that. do u have stock specs of the car's 1/4 mile? when someone told me the 93 gsr was the fastest, i was skeptical. but after looking at some 1/4 times it says the gsr does 15.2 and type-r does it in 15.3 stock. one site do have the itr at 14.9, but it doesn't have the gsr time, at 14.7 that time would have to go to the rsx-r.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:35 PM   #8
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
with the itr and gsr issue, it cools if u give me ur opinion, but i need more than that. do u have stock specs of the car's 1/4 mile? when someone told me the 93 gsr was the fastest, i was skeptical. but after looking at some 1/4 times it says the gsr does 15.2 and type-r does it in 15.3 stock. one site do have the itr at 14.9, but it doesn't have the gsr time, at 14.7 that time would have to go to the rsx-r.
tran, once again, don't be a mag racer. if u want to look at the actual SPECS of the motor/car lets think about this.

the 92-93 gsr b17a 1.7 I4 160hp/113trq in a 2550 lbs car (approx) compared to the b18c5 1.8 I4 195hp/130trq 2650 (aprrox). now lets add on an lsd transmission to the ITR an im not really seeing how the b17a is going to out-do the b18c5?

if u want actual proof from life, i've see i/h/e ITR's run 14.2-3 compared to i/h/e GSR's (2nd gen) run 14.7-8.

the ITR runs the 1/4 in 14.7-15.0 (at the track stock) compared to the gsr's 15.1-4 (at the track) simple as that (seen both run, have u?)

don't jus believe everything u read, go out an actually WATCH the cars run at the track, then u'll see the differences. this is jus like the sentra ser that u wouldn't believe is a low 15 second car stock. get ur head outta the magazines an get some real experience.

the only way u'll see the gsr run a quicker track time is if the type r driver doesn't know how to race.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
KrNxRaCer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #9
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorwj
nope, they had 3 gens of the integra (usdm), then the rsx is the 4th gen in japan.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
Old 09-21-2003, 02:27 AM   #10
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

dude i really don't want a big debate about this. the specs u show me i already know,and it most likey came from a magazine anyway. the times i got are from the internet so the info isn't biased and their would be more than one source available. the problem is-after someone tells me that the gsr is faster i had to make sure by doing some research.the sites i found say the 93 gsr is quicker, while others sites would have only the itr times. just to let u know i do agree that the itr should be quicker but so far its not looking that way. what i need is the stock time to back it up. the most accurate time would be from the factory spec which i haven't been able to find yet.

question, do u honestly think a regular person can find the 1/4 mile time of a specific car model by bringing their's to the track? this is almost impossibe to do since so many variable's are missing. this is also not including people who want to get the best time out of the car by changing the little things to their advantage like tires, wheels,weight reduction, 1/4 tank gas, hi octane gas, the list goes on, and on. what im trying to say is the time is different for each person and car, for instance guys i know and some who post thier stock gsr's timeslip range from lo 15's to hi 16's. thats a huge sec gap and not very accurate, this is the main reason why i use the info (hopefully specs from the facory) on the net. lastly on this subject, i would love to take my car to the track, after its ready of course. the nearest track is three hours away, so wasting money and a day just to find out the time of my car with only a couple mods? no thank u. i will, next year after my stage 2 turbo kit is installed, now this would be worthwhile.

lastly ur referring to a person im debating with an se-r who claims it can do lo 15's stock. do u know what the hp and tq is for that car is? its specs is very similar to the integra ls, has 140 hp, 132 tq, (and this is coming from a 2.0 compared to a 1.8 integ) weighs apprx. 2450lbs. and this is gonna do lo 15's? him and his buddies was giving lame excuses but never did find me proof of a site which claims a stock se-r can do those times u and he specified. how about this, maybe u can find a site for me. all the se-r websites and organizations i found says its 1/4 mile is 15.8 and 16.2, again very similar to the integra ls.

here's proof of time from the owner of the se-r who try to point out that the weight is 2414 lbs. sound to me, he looks at info he wants and denies the rest http://www.zotz.com/nissan/sentra_se-r_specs.htm

Last edited by tran_nsx; 09-21-2003 at 03:21 AM.
tran_nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:19 AM   #11
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
dude i really don't want a big debate about this. the specs u show me i already know,and it most likey came from a magazine anyway. the times i got are from the internet so the info isn't biased and their would be more than one source available. the problem is-after someone tells me that the gsr is faster i had to make sure by doing some research.the sites i found say the 93 gsr is quicker, while others sites would have only the itr times. just to let u know i do agree that the itr should be quicker but so far its not looking that way. what i need is the stock time to back it up. the most accurate time would be from the factory spec which i haven't been able to find yet.

question, do u honestly think a regular person can find the 1/4 mile time of a specific car model by bringing their's to the track? this is almost impossibe to do since so many variable's are missing. this is also not including people who want to get the best time out of the car by changing the little things to their advantage like tires, wheels,weight reduction, 1/4 tank gas, hi octane gas, the list goes on, and on. what im trying to say is the time is different for each person and car, for instance guys i know and some who post thier stock gsr's timeslip range from lo 15's to hi 16's. thats a huge sec gap and not very accurate, this is the main reason why i use the info (hopefully specs from the facory) on the net. lastly on this subject, i would love to take my car to the track, after its ready of course. the nearest track is three hours away, so wasting money and a day just to find out the time of my car with only a couple mods? no thank u. i will, next year after my stage 2 turbo kit is installed, now this would be worthwhile.

lastly ur referring to a person im debating with an se-r who claims it can do lo 15's stock. do u know what the hp and tq is for that car is? its specs is very similar to the integra ls, has 140 hp, 132 tq, (and this is coming from a 2.0 compared to a 1.8 integ) weighs apprx. 2450lbs. and this is gonna do lo 15's? him and his buddies was giving lame excuses but never did find me proof of a site which claims a stock se-r can do those times u and he specified. how about this, maybe u can find a site for me. all the se-r websites and organizations i found says its 1/4 mile is 15.8 and 16.2, again very similar to the integra ls.

here's proof of time from the owner of the se-r who try to point out that the weight is 2414 lbs. sound to me, he looks at info he wants and denies the rest http://www.zotz.com/nissan/sentra_se-r_specs.htm
i'm not going to get into this again with u, because obviously its something beyond ur comprehension. goto a track after u've turbo'd ur car, an then u'll see wut cars will actually do.

until then, keep on believin those magazines, they're great sources

btw, im a "regular" person, an im pretty sure i ran my car to its potential...jus cuz a site says that a type r ran 15.3 at a track, doesn't mean that is the time it'll run. u've said it urself, if the car is at sea level, with good tires and a good driver, the type r is a high 14 second car. seen it done, don't need a magazine to tell me differently. yet to see the gsr break into the 14's stock, an if u can find one of ur great websites that claim that time...show away buddy...

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
Old 09-22-2003, 03:43 AM   #12
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

tran_nsx: I am quite sure this is a bit above boundaries...but you need to hear this...

...you sir, ar an absolute f$%king moron when it comes to cars. You are a poser who pretends you know what you are talking about, and sit there and pretend everything you have heard over the internet is the absolute truth, and come back and "preach" your "knowledge". To what ends? To look cool?

Have you ever driven anything other than your car? I used to own a 1990 GS with a JDM b16a swap that made about as much power as a stock Integra Type R, and you know what? I raced one on the freeway that was bone-stock, and all we could do was hang with each other. My friend who actually HAD a 1992 GS-R with his I/H/E, would get pulled by me on the freeway. What does that tell you? As a matter-of-fact, he called my car his car's "big-brother", because not only did I buy my car before him (I convinced him to buy his), but mine was consistently faster.

As for your comments about the speed of my car, I'll leave that one alone, since any argument you make is hearsay, as opposed to what I've actually done and what others have seen. So need for arguing...it's obvious you have no clue about anything.

My head hurts reading your posts...it sucks that we don't have a rule for banning people for utter idiocy. If you read carefully, it's your own Integra community that's telling you how stupid your comments are.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:54 AM   #13
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrNxRaCer00
until then, keep on believin those magazines, they're great sources

:
oh yes they are great way to get information, the the ironic part is i don't collect mags about cars. on occasions though i do browse at them at the local market for enjoyment, most of my automotive knowledge comes from either books, the internet ot by to repairing them. and if this makes me what ur friend calls a mag racer, then i guess 98% of us are mag racers since this is how we get info. so if u didn't get ur resources from a mag, book, or internet, then where did u get it from? let me guess, ur an automotive engineer and u know everthing about cars right? just a side note, i have two friends who is an automotive engineer and to this day they still read car mags and books, i guess they are mag racers too huh?

Last edited by tran_nsx; 09-22-2003 at 05:47 AM.
tran_nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:44 AM   #14
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Which Integra is better in handling?

there u are carrrnut, somehow i knew krnxracr will go find u or u will show up. im a moron huh? whose the one claiming a se-r is doing lo 15's, please... the reason ur leaving that alone is because u can't find any resources on the net proving other wise. i don't want to use this word, but i have to call it like i see it. u are a hypocrite, let me explain.

the first time we met, there was argument about the issue on hp of the b18a1, as i recall u brought up several sites from the net or a mag claiming the 90 ls integra has 130 hp. i apologized since my resources didn't break it down to each car year and that was it. my point here is when i know something is wrong im going to be a man about it and apologize.

then we meet again with the debate of ur so call lo 15's se-r. u also try to go into detail as if the se-r was special, for example -having a weight ratio of 62/38 which gives it a better launch then other cars. as it turn out most cars have this similar ratio since the engine is in the front causing more weight to be (u guess it) in the front, so that ratio difference was basically uselss. to argue ur claim i went to several nissan and se-r websites to get the stock time and specs about this car, none of which proves to be in the lo 15's as u stated. but instead of apologizing to me u go ahead and say that all the info i gathered was bull and u call me a mag racer? then again u try to point out the weight of ur car was 35lbs lighter than the 2450lbs i got, honestly this isn't going bring ur car into the lo 15's. in that site where u got the wieght it also claims ur car runs 15.8, but i guess u only want info in which u agree on.

if u don't see urself as a hypocrite then i guess ur hopeless. u've been here for a long time i can just tell by how many post u written, but by having a lot of post doesn't make everything u say accurate. it also doesn't make u a better person than someone else, all it just proves is u been here longer and like to talk about cars, plain and simple. oh don't worry about the apology on the debate, ive known to many guys like u in the military who just cause they have a litte rank think they know everything. and ur ego just won't allow u to suck a thing

with the other issue u brought up on my ownership of vehicles, thats really none of ur business unless i want to tell u. is this ur strategy to prove that i lack automotive knowledge because i only own one car? hopefully u can do better than this. if u are dying to know, i own two other cars, an 88 celica gts and a 91 crx si which i pointed out in our earlier debates, but again i guess u only look on info u want and ignore the rest, right?

i don't see how one person having an integra who is disagreeing with me (also just because u two are friends, buddies or what ever u are) be considered a whole integra commnity. how bout u get ur facts straight .lastly why, i can't stand talking to u either so go away, go brag about racing all these cars, trucks and suv's with ur mighty 15 sec se-r to someone who really cares. guys like u should be arrested, ur an accident waiting to happen. if u do crash, hopefully u don't hit any children and injure any one, yes not even u. maybe this way u'll learn that racing on the streets can be deadly not just to u, but others around.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:55 AM   #15
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

not going back to my topic b4, if someone can find me a reputable site which has the stock 92 gsr and itr 1/4 time i would appreciate it, thanks