Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 02:29 PM   #16
daveersx-s
AF Regular

Re: 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe vs 94 accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-accord
i have a 94 accord ex vtec im auto i have a cold air intake and bypass valve and a axleback exhaust and ngk spark plug wire/ngk spark plugs and is Chevrolet Cavalier but its stick can i win if i remove my back seats??
Dude, cavalier sucks a lot!!! but your car is getting old. So if i were you i would save my money and my car by not racing, and when youll have the money buy a new sport car, or something with some potential, and please, not an AUTOMATIC!!!
daveersx-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #17
fierangero
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fierangero Send a message via MSN to fierangero Send a message via Yahoo to fierangero

i say race him...and make sure to put the shifter in "R" for Racing, you'll definitely win that way

my baby: 1986 Fiero GT: v6, automatic, 2.8L, 2.02/1.60 heads, Crane Performance Cam, Ported/polished exhaust manifolds, taylor plug wires, low temp thermostat and fan switch. WCF catback exhaust

She's done!
fierangero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #18
Vtec95Civic
AF Enthusiast

"ah, pretty sure factory turbo systems have BPVs too... instead of venting to atmosphere it is recycled into the intake stream"

That would be a BOV, blow-off valve.
Vtec95Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:23 AM   #19
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

well actually if you look on certain sites they are called bypass valves occasionally......but a bypass on a CAI is completely different
Old 11-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #20
fierangero
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fierangero Send a message via MSN to fierangero Send a message via Yahoo to fierangero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec95Civic
"ah, pretty sure factory turbo systems have BPVs too... instead of venting to atmosphere it is recycled into the intake stream"

That would be a BOV, blow-off valve.
eh the "off" is what connotates venting to atmosphere, by-pass valves are real quiet because it just puts it back into the intake stream

my baby: 1986 Fiero GT: v6, automatic, 2.8L, 2.02/1.60 heads, Crane Performance Cam, Ported/polished exhaust manifolds, taylor plug wires, low temp thermostat and fan switch. WCF catback exhaust

She's done!
fierangero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #21
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

alright...well i don't think anyone cares anymore....points been made now lets let this stupid thread die.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01 PM   #22
OverAllComa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OverAllComa
Re: Re: 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe vs 94 accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquae07
lol... i have no clue who would win. id prob say the cavi since my cuzin had one and it made good low-end torque off the line. depends if it is a z24 or not. if its the sedan, i have no idea, coupe, it will murder you right from the line, about 40 mph you will stop racing since it is a beating. and also the fact that you are in auto in a honda really doesn't help you at all in this race, no way to stay in the car's powerband
Not about to get into the "who'd win" argument, but just need to clarify something to the writer of this post:

Z24's haven't been around since 2002, they were discontinued in 2002 1/2. In that year they made a base and an LS Sport, with a 2.2 OHV at 120 HP and a 2.2 Ecotec at 140HP. Since the 2003 body-style change, all Cavaliers/Sunfires have been equipped with a 2.2 DOHC 16V Ecotec at 140HP and 150 lb/ft torque.

The Z24 you're most likey referring to is the kind that I have, a 2.4L DOHC 16V called the Twin Cam at 150HP/155 lb/ft torque which replaced the 2.3 Quad 4 in the 95 at 150HP/152 lb/ft torque, which replaced the older 2nd generation Cavalier's 3.1 V6 at 140HP/185 lb/ft torque.
2.4L "Twin Cam" (2.4 4cylinder DOHC 16V)
2003 Honda Accord EX V6 - The new hotness
OverAllComa is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!