Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
jkg1982
AF Newbie

99 Gmc Jimmy Security light, fuel guage, battery light

I have a 99 Jimmy that intermittently the security light in the gauge cluster will illuminate all the time. When this happens the fuel gauge drops below "E" and stays there, the temperature gauge stops working. The battery light also illuminates, but the voltage gauge continues to work. The speedometer and tach still work also. This vehicle has been doing this for awhile and it may just happen while your driving down the road, or when you start it. Sometimes it stays this way for a couple of hours other times its a couple weeks, and then everything starts working fine for awhile. The problem is getting worse. The service engine light does not come on and there are no codes. Can anyone help? Thanks
jkg1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
marka300
AF Newbie

Re: 99 Gmc Jimmy Security light, fuel guage, battery light

Hi everyone,..... I have the same problem w/my 99 Envoy. Except mine is not intermittent,..... it seems to be a hard fault. Anybody got any ideas.
marka300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
merlinof2
AF Newbie

yep, very interested in this thread. my 98 just started doing the same thing this morning. slowing down from 40ish the dash indicators would all light for a few seconds, then go out. thought the car had stalled, but nope.. running great. love this truck, just got a couple of little quirks to iron out. got 167K on this truck, looking to keep piling them on.

any help would be great... thanks in advance.
merlinof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Nyucka
AF Newbie

I'll be joining this club as well. I have the same problem, except now instead of the gas guage and the temp guage not working, the indicator light for the push button 4x4 no longer lights up either. This has been going on for about a week now. Has anyone found out what the problem is?
Nyucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
brcidd
AF Enthusiast

If it were mine- I'd pull the instrument cluster out and work the electrical connector in out a few times- have seen this happen before- a little corrosion on one of the terminals- working the plugs in and out will clean that off- also a good idea to use a little dialectric grease when re-installing.....
'99 GMC Yukon
'95 Chev 3500, 454 Dually Crew Cab- 145k miles-
Wife's Camel trailer puller.
'94 Astro- 370k miles
'94 Firebird Formula- 5.7L 180k miles- gone-
'92 Chevy Lumina Van 3.8L 264k
'86 GMC S-15 - 2.8L 154k
'87 Buick Park Ave . 187k
'86 Buick Park Ave 3.8L 199k miles- gone
'77 Chevy Vega- 2.5L 175k miles gone but not forgotten
'68 Camaro 396 4 spd RS/SS -72k miles-
brcidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
slapjockey
AF Newbie

I realize I am a couple years late on this....but I am having the EXACT same gauge problem. Anyone find a fix for this? Is it a ground issue?
slapjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #7
dbrinklow
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg1982 View Post
I have a 99 Jimmy that intermittently the security light in the gauge cluster will illuminate all the time. When this happens the fuel gauge drops below "E" and stays there, the temperature gauge stops working. The battery light also illuminates, but the voltage gauge continues to work. The speedometer and tach still work also. This vehicle has been doing this for awhile and it may just happen while your driving down the road, or when you start it. Sometimes it stays this way for a couple of hours other times its a couple weeks, and then everything starts working fine for awhile. The problem is getting worse. The service engine light does not come on and there are no codes. Can anyone help? Thanks
hello jkg1982. just a question did anyone ever get back to you with a solution for for jimmy. ive got 98 envoy with the same promblems. any help would be great. thks in advance.
dbrinklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #8
dbrinklow
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapjockey View Post
I realize I am a couple years late on this....but I am having the EXACT same gauge problem. Anyone find a fix for this? Is it a ground issue?
hello slapjockey. did you ever get an answer on this problem. I ve got a 98 Envoy with the same problem. any help would be great.this in advance. Darrell
dbrinklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #9
mikey0731
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marka300 View Post
Hi everyone,..... I have the same problem w/my 99 Envoy. Except mine is not intermittent,..... it seems to be a hard fault. Anybody got any ideas.
I have the same problem with my 99 Blazer and mine isn't intermittent either. All of a sudden, my gas gauge won't work and low fuel light stays on even though the tank is full, battery light stays on although no issue with battery or alternator, temp gauge quit working and the reverse image block won't work on selector PRND321. All of these things began happening at the same time. Blazer starts and runs fine however.

Already swapped the instrument cluster out with no change in the issues.

Anyone figure this out yet???? I'm desperate for a way to solve this.
mikey0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:56 AM   #10
jaymurf072386@gmai
AF Newbie

Did any one get a answer for this post really need the help
jaymurf072386@gmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #11
mikey0731
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymurf072386@gmai View Post
Did any one get a answer for this post really need the help
My problem was a 4WD fuse was blown. Replacing it resolved all the gauge issues I described earlier but it kept blowing. To eliminate the fuse blowing, I disconnected a vac hose from the actuator under the battery that kept trying to engage the front differential. I don't have 4WD capability anymore but I don't need it. All gauge issues have been gone ever since.
mikey0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #12
jaymurf072386@gmai
AF Newbie

My fuse wasn't blown but change anyway nothing changes as far as my Guages you have any other ideas
jaymurf072386@gmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #13
Aslap4u
AF Newbie

Ok.so I have a 98 jimmy....same prob.. there's a plastic coated wire near the stering box there's two wires in it....it melts n grounds out...then ya 4x4fuze blows ...the panel in the truck...
Aslap4u is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis