Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
exhaust smoke
AF Enthusiast

Fujimi is releasing Sauber's C30

Wow, Fujimi are doing great with the modern F1 cars. They are modelling Sauber's 2011 car, the C30.

It's great to have F1 models of alternative teams other than the usual suspects of Ferrari, McLaren or Williams and not having to pay the money that Studio 27 or MFH demand. Kamui Kobayashi driving and being the only Japanese driver on the grid obviously had nothing to do with Fujimi's choice for their latest F1 offering

Seems appropriate though, seeing that Sauber scored their best ever result at last weekend's Malaysian GP.
exhaust smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Veyron
AF Fanatic

Re: Fujimi is releasing Sauber's C30

I'll get the kit but I'll put my own phantom livery on it it or wait for some of the conversion decal sets to be released like they have been for the MP4/13, F60 etc.

The Sauber livery is not very exciting.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
bikouros
AF Regular

Good news. Not my first choice for a modern f1 car, but I'm loving Fujimi picking up the slack that Tamiya is leaving. I'd rather be doing 1/20 f1 kits them Revells 1/24 scales. Regardless any NEW 1/20 F1 release is good news. Tamiya, try and catch up! (and lower your prices too...)

bikouros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #4
exhaust smoke
AF Enthusiast

I received my C30 through the post yesterday and was surprised to find that there is no engine in this kit!

Fujimi have produced this kit like the Studio 27 offerings with just the rear of the gearbox. I'm not sure whether this is the result of not being able to obtain rights from Ferrari to reproduce the engine (which will seem unlikely given that they do have a licence to model Ferrari kits) or if it is laziness on the part of Fujimi. Bit annoyed given that the kit was not exactly cheap compared to their other F1 offerings.
exhaust smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
Veyron
AF Fanatic

I would build it curbside either way so it doesn't matter to me. The newer engines don't look very exciting anyway. Most people knew a few weeks ago that there was no engine from looking at the instructions on Hobby Search.

Maybe they didn't want to bother with licensing the engine, who knows.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhaust smoke View Post
I received my C30 through the post yesterday and was surprised to find that there is no engine in this kit!

Fujimi have produced this kit like the Studio 27 offerings with just the rear of the gearbox. I'm not sure whether this is the result of not being able to obtain rights from Ferrari to reproduce the engine (which will seem unlikely given that they do have a licence to model Ferrari kits) or if it is laziness on the part of Fujimi. Bit annoyed given that the kit was not exactly cheap compared to their other F1 offerings.
Just make a copy of the engine from one of the latest Ferrari F1 kits, it's the same engine.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
lezdep
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jano11 View Post
Just make a copy of the engine from one of the latest Ferrari F1 kits, it's the same engine.
Kit is also missing main radiators and corresponding ducts. So, it was definitely made to be built curbside.
Was it intention from the start of kit design or decision made later it another question.
lezdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezdep View Post
Kit is also missing main radiators and corresponding ducts. So, it was definitely made to be built curbside.
Was it intention from the start of kit design or decision made later it another question.
Good question. They made it with a removable engine cover so it might be that they opened a door for aftermarket suppliers. All that is needed is to copy the F60 engine and scratchbuild the radiators and ducting plus a few more details.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote