Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Verminator
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Verminator
Question AMT Camaro Convertible

Anyone know what the differences are on these two kit issues?

Verminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Vette Modeller
AF Newbie

Re: AMT Camaro Convertible

To be honest I doubt you'll find much difference. I've not seen the red boxed kit but just purchased the black boxed kit and there doesn't seem to be anything in it that would appear to be unique. I'm guessing that it's just two different runs of the same kit.

I'm also quite disappointed in this kit. The seats are vinyl, WHY? The rocker panels are separate pieces as are the rear & front clips, cowl and hood. The kit is a curbside so why a separate hood and the rocker panels don't fit well. The chassis will also need trimming to fit properly. Dry fitting is a must in this kit.

I'm very pleased with all of the reissues that Round 2 have been giving us, less so with some of their own original kits.
Vette Modeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
clem24
AF Regular

Top looks to be vanilla Camaro V6 while the bottom is the V8 SS. Note box description + SS badging on the grill.
clem24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

The top boxart shows an export Camaro, and I don't think that boxart actually was produced; it was shown in previews but I think the actual production artwork is the second box. If it has the "mail slot" above the grille, it is an SS and it does have a V8.

The actual kit gets very mixed reviews. Proportions are decent, but chassis detail is a joke, it's only a curbside, and it's expensive for a curbside. Separate parts like hood/bumpers mean they probably plan to do variations; could be anything up to and including a ZL1.