Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
daddyo8
AF Newbie

fuel injectors

has anyone seen a DIY on manually cleaning the fuel injectors for a 325i on the internet?
if so can you post the urls?
daddyo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Broken-wrench
AF Newbie

Re: fuel injectors

You can't really take apart the injectors and clean them yourself. The only thing you can do yourself is to add an injector cleaner to the fuel & drive them clean. What makes you think your injectors need servicing? If the engine codes tell you that you have several bad injectors, DO NOT even mess around! BUY 6 NEW ONES along with NEW seals & gaskets they need and that will fix your problems. DO NOT replace 1 0r 2 or 3 and expect the car to run right! It won't. The new injectors will have different spray pattern & flow rates due to age & deposits on the tips.

IF, you can drive the car with the old injectors, try this... Buy 3 bottles of RED LINE FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER. Dump in one bottle of cleaner with each tank of PREIUM fuel. I hope you're not one of these "cheap gas~ I'll run regular" guys. The stock injectors that have had a steady diet of Shell, Mobil, Chevron or Texaco PREMIUM fuel should last 250K to 300K miles with NO TROUBLE if they have been maintained. All this aside, the REDLINE is something I can tell you that it works. I have before & after test data from the State of Arizona emission testing that this stuff WORKS. I add one bottle per tank at each oil change. As do all my friends.
Broken-wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
daddyo8
AF Newbie

Thanks Broken wrench,
As it turns out it isn't my injectors, but i still dont know what it is particularly. I drove the car to the job parking lot and parked...that was the last time it ran. Cranks but not firing steadily enough to start. For the past few months it has run reasonably at cruise and idle but put torque to it and it started to miss. Tried cleaners to no avail, feel it might be my Catholic converter and i'm working on that this week. I've disconnected my oxy sensor at the wires and it tried to kick over a bit better, but i think I ought to disconnect at the pipe to allow exaust flow to escape and maybe lessen the back pressure.
All this sound reasonable?
daddyo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
Broken-wrench
AF Newbie

Didn't know that your catalytic converter had religion!! Cool stuff as most in Munich are Catholics. My family is from Northern Germany and are Lutheran.

But I'll wager that your cat IS NOT the problem. BMW catalytic converter breathe better than any other manufacturer.

PULL YOUR ENGINE CODES.

Let us know what they say & we'll point you in the right direction
Broken-wrench is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series