Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > All Other Models
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
All Other Models Includes but not limited to Auris, Avensis, Caldina, Carina, Century, Cresta, Crown, Duet, Gracia, Ipsum, Mark II, Mega Cruiser, Nadia, Picnic, Progres, Regius, Sparky, Vista models.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #31
2ltGTT
AF Regular

Re: Anyone got one of these..?

is that manual or auto?
2ltGTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:35 PM   #32
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

5 speed manual ofcourse
Phil_Sawtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:11 AM   #33
2ltGTT
AF Regular

i know for sure it should be doing a high 13's.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:42 AM   #34
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

well i assure you this car of mine did a 14.5 ofcourse it was its first run and its last so it may of gone faster i dunno. but that was wat i got 14.5
Old 06-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #35
inane
AF Newbie

phil, I think your cheap performance mod dropped your power,

although qtr mile times can vary depending on driver, conditions, etc.

but I have seen a stock caldina do mid 13s

if anyone wants to know how to disable the VSC on a toyota, go here:

http://caldinafaq.blogspot.com
inane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #36
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

i didnt have my cheap mod installed when i did this but yeah i think my clutch was a little fucked which didnt help ofcourse
Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #37
cosgm
AF Newbie

Question Re: Caldina-Anyone got one of these..?

got a stock black caldina gt-t in April from japan...tell me what type of easy gains to get from it....tell me what difference u got in taking of ur catalytic converter.....not interested in changing the exhaust though.....i thinking of turbo timing it, should I?, is it necessary on this vehicle?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #38
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

Re: Caldina-Anyone got one of these..?

I would definatly recommend turbo timing it. If nothing else it will definatly prolong the life of your turbo. also i bought a Greddy turbo boost control for $70 off trademe. was very easy to install and gave me quite a gain from stock 12psi to 18psi boost. thats prob the cheapest way to get gain from it just make sure you get a boost guage installed before you up the boost and dont run it at to high a boost for to long. as for the caty converter i dont know yeah youd probably see a gain in that aswell. yeah those are prob your cheap ways to gain HP out of it.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #39
cosgm
AF Newbie

thanks for the info......i willl definetely consider everything now....what would make life easier like how uve done all the research is to put up a site link showing the models for the boost guage and turbo timer u recommend for the car...il be buying them out of the U.S. and bringin them down to J.A.....u got me started on it now....i have so much other pet projects but wasnt considering any on the car....its totally stock....all ive done is change the bulbs to HID xenon, change the plugs to NGK R's and use very regularly octane boosters and gas treaments and engine tune up treatments as the gas in this country is crappy....use full synthetic shell oil....what do u use?....i thinking of changing the power steering fluid but i dont want to use just any..but it not all that pressing to change now...ohh..and ive installed a high power set onto the stock 6 disc cd changer and k9 alarm system the same week i got it.....its not bad coming from a series of high strung honda's...including the 1800 integra SIR, then the H22 accord SIR...fully worked naturally,...then a 2000cc SIR torneo...then a 2001 Euro R, nice red sitting on some fat OZ 18"'s ...yeah all manual and worked out....but i got this GTT stock and auto triptronic....and yet not even complaining...it just feels a bit heavy...should a made it lighter but it still performs very well with the vsc on my pikes peak hill i live on....
sweetest moment with it so far.....at a light against an '05 type R...and give ing 3 car lengths and all i could hear is vtec bawling behind me..
Old 07-23-2006, 12:48 AM   #40
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

lol theres so many boost controllers out there the one i got was just a cheapy.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-63600884.htm <thats it there. but the problem with that one is you cant adjust the boost while your driving along as it sits inside your engine bay. but yeah it works. otherwise id recommend an in cabin boost controller which turbo smart seems to do quite alot of dont bother with a digital one the manual ones work fine. as for the oil i use castrol magnatec. and also watch out with the indash cd changer our one fucked out about 3 months after we bought the car and me and the missus have now split so i havent even seen the car in 7 months. and yeah ours was a five speed manual and yeah they are quite heavy but also very quick. i think i got mine up to 265ks fully maxed out before the red and blue lights came on in the back wind screen lol. but yeah our one was completly stock except for the boost controller as it was the ex's car and her being a bitch wouldnt let me mod it at all.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:16 AM   #41
micko gtt
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Sawtell
and hows this even got a top speed for it 265km/h at standard boost not fuckin bad

So i take it urv also got a speed chip. otherwise they speed cut at 190 km/h
micko gtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:53 AM   #42
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

um yeah had a little apexi computer thingy which enabled me to adjust the cut out speed. was installed when i bought the car. no chip
Old 08-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #43
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-65246254.htm was one of these installed in the car when we bought it fantastic tool. cuts out rev restrictor and speed restrictor
Old 08-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #44
Phil_Sawtell
AF Newbie

ok now for the links of suggested upgrades.

boost controller
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-65499970.htm

boost gauge
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-65283403.htm

the apexi rev meter in above post

p/s fluid doesnt really matter theyre all pretty much the same.
turbo timer:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-65188794.htm

i think thats abouit it Apexi are a bloody good brand and definatly one i would have to recommend.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:42 AM   #45
2ltGTT
AF Regular

mine goes in on tuesday to get a 3inch exhust all the way, air filter and blow off valve...

will post pics up when done.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > All Other Models