Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Lambo003
AF Enthusiast

Exclamation AF Partner Lambocars.com in need of help

Hey guys,

The following announcement has been posted on lambocars.com. As a contributor to this site over the years and just a plain "Lambo nut", I can't stress enough how important this website is and surely a critical source of reference photo's for modelers.

October 28. 2005 :
Due to unforeseen circumstances our webhost is no longer able to support the Lamborghini Cars website, he was able to offer us a dedicated server for nearly a year now, but this will end mid-November, so we are looking for a decent solution to this problem. We've been looking at shared hosting, but the amount of bandwidth our site uses (about 150 Gb/month) makes this option difficult to find, a dedicated server would be the best option, but this is a rather expensive option too. If you are able to help us out, or have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us as soon as possible.

To at least start funding for a dedicated server we've prepared a very nice collection of 2006 calendars, please take a look at the six different versions we can offer you.

Please help us to keep the Lamborghini Cars website online, it's been a great resource for thousands of people over the years, and would be very painful for us if we had to abandon this great reference due to funding problems.

ANY help to ultimately keep this site up and running would be greatly appreciated! So, please help spread the word to any other forums, message boards or a mutual Lamborghini enthusiast!

Also visit the official lambocars.com forum hosted here on AF!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: AF Partner Lambocars.com in need of help

Shared Hosting: Dreamhost.com

It cost me 9.99$/month and I have 157GB Bandwith. They have higer service if needed. For that price, it's not really a problem

Dedicate is 99$, can be found for 79$ in some place.
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
Lambo003
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: AF Partner Lambocars.com in need of help

Hey, Thanks for the info! That's pretty damn reasonable!

I'll pass that along to Mark!

You know, you would think that with such an extensive site and the many contributions that Lambocars has made to such as projects as, "The Lamborghini Experience: 40 Years of Excellence" and so on, that Lamborghini itself would step-up and "adopt" the site. Especially with their crappy "official" site . . .

Also, I don't want to come off here as a regular contributor to lambocars or overstate my involvement in the site. Infact, Mark and I have never spoken other than a few emails during the early years of lambocars.com (back when it was a members page on Xoom.com). He and I had originally hosted our Lamborghini sites on Xoom (mine being lambomodels.com) and we would shoot emails back and forth, sharing info on Lamborghini in general. I just happened to send him a large amount of pics and info I had come across over years of collecting Lamborghini automobilia. . .

Needless to say, I am amazed at the growth over the years from his site and wanted to post this up here just to see if any help could be offered to him and his site. I can attest to managing such a popular can unexpectedly take over every bit of your time and life. lol Just tryin' to help a brutha out here, is all . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
Shared Hosting: Dreamhost.com

It cost me 9.99$/month and I have 157GB Bandwith. They have higer service if needed. For that price, it's not really a problem

Dedicate is 99$, can be found for 79$ in some place.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: AF Partner Lambocars.com in need of help

Well I think a shared service between 19.99$ and 29.99$ by month could be ok for this site. And if it's that popular, it should pay itselft by publicity.
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling