Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > RAV4
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
frafreg
AF Regular

2001 RAV4 ECU Update for Catalytic Converter Codes P0420 & P0430

I have a 2001 RAV4 manual 5 speed AWD and my check engine light came on for codes P0420 and P0430 indicating the catalytic converters are below efficiency. I found TSB 2001-2002 Toyota RAV 4 Catalytic Converter which is a firmware update and is supposed to correct this problem.
Is there some way to tell if my ECU was updated without going to the dealer?
Could there possible be a sticker somewhere on the vehicle or the ECU to tell if this firmware update has already been done?
Do I have to go to the dealer for this firmware update?
I'm afraid if I go to the dealer they will just tell me to replace the catalytic converters and i don't have the money.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

TSB Bulletin Information
April 12, 2002
Title:

ECM CALIBRATION UPDATE - M.I.L. "ON" DTC P0420 OR P0430 AND ENHANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE

Models;
'01 - '02 RAV4

Introduction

The Engine Control Module (ECM) calibration has been revised to enhance Engine Performance and to prevent a M.I.L. "ON" with DTC P0420 (Bank 1 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold) or DTC P0430 (Bank 2 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold) under certain driving conditions

NOTE: These calibration files supercede the calibration files found in TSB EG008-1 M.I.L. "ON" P0420, P0430 dated May 18, 2001.
frafreg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > RAV4