Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > ML-Class | GL-Class
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
InlovewithmyML
AF Newbie

ETS light stays on /driving weird

Recently I noticed the ETS light go and and stay on. I also noticed my ML driving a little different. It feels as if I have it on off road mode. I do not have much knowledge of how to fix vehicles so please no suggestions on how to fix it. I would like to know if any of you have encountered this problem. I noticed an almost similar thread posted here however, it didn't quite answer my question.

I would like to have some knowledge prior to going to a dealership so that I don't get taken advantage of because I am a female.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
InlovewithmyML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
eclass
AF Regular

Re: ETS light stays on /driving weird

There are sensors for the ETS system that help keep the car under control. If those sensors fail they may cause the car to apply the brakes and do some strange things at different times. Also the car has a sensor for the steering wheel, if that is not working properly you will have the same problem. You will need a factory type scan tool to test the ETS system to find out what is wrong. More than likley the lateral acceleration sensor has failed. It is located just behind the shifter in the center console
eclass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > ML-Class | GL-Class