Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Lucerne
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
RyanSwagMechanic
AF Newbie

2006-2011 Buick Lucerne Headlight Bulb Replacement

2006-2011 Buick Lucerne Headlight Bulb Replacement

Tools:
10mm socket
Plastic clip tool

Diagnosis:
Headlight will not illuminate

Repair:
Assuming there is current going to the plug and all is well, raise the vehicle to desired height. On many service manuals they say you have to remove the front bumper then remove the headlights. If you go under the car, have a decent length arm, you can remove the under shield to the bumper using your socket and clip tool. Once that cover is removed reach up and replace the 9005/9006 bulb. Doing this method cuts a good hour out of time
RyanSwagMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyanSwagMechanic For This Useful Post:
Tech II (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 2006-2011 Buick Lucerne Headlight Bulb Replacement

Yes, Lucerne's are a nightmare!

I remember, a guy came in with the first year model......his right front directional was out.....SM told him to wait, it would ONLY take a couple minutes....half an hour later I finally went to the online manual.....when I saw labor time was about 0.8 hours, that's when I knew I had a mess on my hands....got reamed out by the SM because I couldn't do it in a couple minutes....I told him, if GM graciously gives you almost an hour to do it, then there is a procedure to it, and the first time you attempt it you can not beat even the labor time....

You need a lift.....have to remove the fenderwell to get to one of the bolts to the light assembly.....and so on.....and yes they were talking about loosening the front bumper......

The average person can not do this job, unless they are contortionists and they know what they are doing....

Just a bad design by GM....just about every other car, you can do this in under 5 minutes...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Lucerne