Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
AntonioE
AF Newbie

Cool Looking for hybrid info!!!

Hi there. I'm looking forward to buy a new car next year, or maybe a certified used one. I was looking into getting a hybrid. I've done a little research about them, because I wanted to know how these cars actually work.

I understand it's a new technology, eco-friendly and all that. I began looking into the web pages of the Ford Fussion, Honda Civic Hybrid, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Toyota Prius and the Nissan Altima Hybrid. I looked into these cars because they are the only ones that I know. If there are other ones out there in the market worth looking into please let me know.

After learning how these cars work, price, warranty and everything, I looked in this forum which is my best source of information to know what the users, if any, have to say about them, and to know what people think, or have heard or know of these vehicles. None of my friends or relatives know anything about hybrids, haven't drive one or heard anything more that the manufacturer tell us.

I'm was looking into the hybrid because of the fuel efficiency and because I now know that they are more efficient in hot weather. I live in the desert southwest in California, where it's very hot in the summer, and actually all year except winter of course. I don't drive much in freeway, so I think I would have a better fuel efficiency becuase my driving is mostly in the city.

One issue that I haven't thought about is having to replace the hybrid battery after a few years, and when I read the cost of doing it, it shocked me. Very expensive to do so, taking into account that I plan to keep the new car for a long time.

Also after reading the "Please do the math" thread it made me wonder if it's still reliable to get a hybrid, because the cold numbers don't lie. There were many aspects of the hybrid that I didn't knew about and haven't taken into account when considering buying one. Some of the threads are a little old, so I want to know if there's something new about these cars, should I get one of wait for one with a different technology like an electric one of with fuel cell, which I read a little about it here, or just get a car with a conventional engine.

In short I am a little confused and want some advice from you guys. Anything that can help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and I wish you all the best for you and your family in the Hollidays and 2010.
AntonioE is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General