Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #31
4-THGENH24LUDE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to 4-THGENH24LUDE
Re: C6 with some mods

OCUjer I know you didn't post that just to back me up but I am gonna thank you for doing it anyways! Thanks alot.
4-THGENH24LUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #32
lickem
AF Enthusiast

lol, ok great good for you in ideal conditions an elise would take a c6 on the track. of course those ideal conditons being no straightaways and back to back 90 degree turns, but i would have a c6 anyday over a 190hp go cart, shit take an actual goldstar go cart and put an elise on the go carts track and the go cart would run circles around it.
Modifications-hubcap removal, QTP sticker,(weight removal-back seat, passenger seat, spare tire, a/c unit, power windows, windshield wipers, rearview mirror, center console, shifter knob,radio, gas cap)
lickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #33
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickem
lol, ok great good for you in ideal conditions an elise would take a c6 on the track. of course those ideal conditons being no straightaways and back to back 90 degree turns, but i would have a c6 anyday over a 190hp go cart, shit take an actual goldstar go cart and put an elise on the go carts track and the go cart would run circles around it.
Ok I can tell that you either didn't watch the video with the GT3 and the F40 or you simply ignored the fact that there were straightaways on the course. If you'll notice the Elise driver waves at the F40 and the GT3 thinking they are going to run away from him, much to his surprise he is able to brake much later, keep more speed, and accelerate faster through the turns. Yes, track selection does have a lot to do with how a car performs, however, what I find irritating is when a car mag does a comparison test on various cars but the track they use heavily favors a certain set up. The video that I posted was not all 90 degree corners, but at the same time it was not all 1/2 mile straightaways either. If we really want to compare these cars we need to put them to the test on several different tracks and look at the times and performance. On top of that the cars can't be selected in such a way as to give an advantage to one car, as was done in the Road and Track test.

Anywho, I've said my piece and will only end up repeating myself "ad infinitum".
Old 03-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #34
matt_SS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-THGENH24LUDE
I wouldn't take a damn vette if it was given to me for free.
thats because you are gay!
matt_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #35
germanyt
AF Enthusiast

ok, too start off, nice job picking you exaust lickem. borla is my favorite for any small block v8. as far as the corvette is concerned, it is THE American Muscle car. almost every other muscle car ever built was built based on the idea that it could be better than the corvette. very few succeeded. perhaps only the cobra. not the mustang variety. the original cobra. when comparing a corvette to a euro or a jap you are comparing two completely different cars. cars built for differnt reasons and different goals. sure the corvette can be upgraded to match the hp and torque and many other specs but it still might not keep up. it is not because the corvette is not an incredible automobile. dont think for one second that gm couldnt build a car that would outperform a lotus or a ferarri in every test that such companies designed those cars to excell in. cars like the corvette are not neccesarily built to go out and smoke a lotus. chevrolet does not care because they are happy with the vette. when someone goes out to a parking lot with a vette and a bunch of his friends and smokes the tires until they blow, the smile and excitement on peoples face is what chevy wanted. that is what corvette does, it continues to amaze people year after year. so who cares if a stock corvette can take a lotus. it all comes down to which one you are going to have more fun in. i choose the vette.
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #36
Stanimal
AF Newbie

Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickem
IMO, for cars with simular test numbers, the lighter car is always the more enjoyable car on the track. However, this is not always the case for a daily driver.

As a starting point for a track car designed for road course, I would alway pick the Elise over the C6 Vette. The reason is fairly simple, the Elise with a 50% bump in HP would be amazing. However, a C6 Z06 Vette with the same 50% increase would just melt its tires. And how much is it going to cost for us to procure brakes big enough to deal with a 3000 lbs 700+ HP track car? However, $2K 14" brakes would be plenty big for a 2000 lbs, 300 HP track car.

On the other hand, on the street, as a daily driver, I would pick the C6 Z06 Vette over the Elise everytime. 90% of the performance with 300% of the comfort; But thats just me.
Stanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #37
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: C6 with some mods

OCUJer,
I see you didn't read what they wrote about the Boxster, or 911. I see you didn't read the last page in which the editors were asked which car they would pick. You should understand that this is for the best ALL AROUND sports car. This includes cost, ride quality, everyday drivability, fuel economy, and cargo room, etc.
Since the track favors the more powerful car, shouldn't the most powerful car the Viper be the fastest? The fact of the matter is the Vette beat the Elise, and all other cars tested, on this track, and unless you can find a course that has no straightaways (slight exagerration here) the Vette will win.
As a side note, in the words of Carroll Shelby, horspower sells car, torque wins races.
SuperHighOutput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:18 AM   #38
crrrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to crrrazy Send a message via Yahoo to crrrazy

Fast Tuning
Old 05-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #39
KustmAce
Grande Boleros de Fuego

Re: Re: Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCUJer
Yeah, this coming from someone who owns a Cavalier! Not exactly the essence of American muscle my friend.
What in the hell does what I drive have to do with the point of my comment?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #40
blownup240
AF Newbie

I would just like to mention the fact that although the elise took 4th place, it did so with the lowest daily driver scores of all which further proves how amazing of a car it is..... not taking sides just an observation.
blownup240 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos