Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Challenger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:01 AM   #31
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422
Re: New Dodge Challenger concept

but the charger cant really be considered a "muscle car" now. (due to the 4 doors). and the whole reason they kept the SAME style as the old challenger was to reserect the older muscle car style, that people seem to have forgotten. dont get me wrong i like the charger, its just i dont consider it a muscle car. maybe they will throw on 4 doors, and if they do, i think people will be very disapointed. my $0.02,
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:33 AM   #32
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:43 AM   #33
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man422
Do they have a date for its release?
Dodge's new pony car will likely go into production in 2009.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #34
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar D-Type
Dodge's new pony car will likely go into production in 2009.
I think that they know so many people would pay more to get it sooner so they will let it out as a 08' where that meens have your money buy late 07'.
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #35
theFREAKnasty82
AF Enthusiast

Look at the economy, is the new Challenger just that, a Challenger? With Ford cutting back seriously, GM constantly losing money, will the economy be stable for people to buy this type of car? Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely in love with this car and wish it would come out no sooner than '08. But with our failing economy, though there's a big place for rear-drive musclecars, will there be enough customer around to afford it?
Dead Or Dying Gas Eater
Department Of Defense Garbage Equipment
Dodge Owners Don't Get Excited
Don't Overdrive Gutless Engine
Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 3.9 V6
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2 V8 4X4
theFREAKnasty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #36
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

There is still demand for rwd cars. Pontiac has over 15,000 orders for the Solstice and the turbocharged Solstice GXP hasn't gone on sale yet.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #37
RahX
AF Enthusiast

not a musclecar just because its a fourdoor? i think thats a little harsh.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #38
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX
not a musclecar just because its a fourdoor? i think thats a little harsh.
no it isnt...
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #39
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

The new Challenger concept is awesome. Like most of you there are a few things I'd like different but overall its a sick, sick ride (for me its the headlights; why not expose them completely instead of tucking the very top up under the body). I hope this car see's the street.

This new revival is so cool. I love the new stangs and the new Cobra with the dual racing stripes looks insane. Ford hit a homer, Dodge surely will with this Challenger... I've never liked the new "Charger" - don't get me wrong its a nice car, my buddies brother got a silver one with the Hemi. Interior is beautiful and it really IS a nice, fast car. But its not a Charger. And 4 doors?? I will say that the R/T Charger's with the two-tone colouring (black spoiler, hood, etc.) makes the car look really muscular... I think because there's so much going on you gloss over the fact its a four door.

I agree that the new Camaro concepts look bland. Not enough retro perhaps. I can see they're trying to make it look like the original 1st gen but just doesn't seem to pull you in.

Can't wait to line up against these new cars on the street!!!
(Gotta lot of work to do though, 355 ain't going to cut it anymore... 385, 396 here we go)
DVS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #40
Hottmonkey
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hottmonkey

I really need to find out what the color code to that orange is. I have been looking everywhere. If anyone knows the color code please leave me link or the code. I would greatly appreciate it.
Hottmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #41
tasattack
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tasattack Send a message via Yahoo to tasattack

I rem seeing on msn the new concepts, 2 from DC and the restyled camaro. It is exciting to get to live in an era where the 3 big muscle cars may infact be pounding the pavement and tearing up the roadways once again just as their ancestors did 30+ years ago. I still havent been able to pick up my jaw from scrolling through all these pictures of the challenger, hopefully DC wont slap 2 more doors on this thing before they release it. I mean ford at least kept the mustang true to its past.

My opinions on these new cars are right about with everyone elses, one quick glace at the new camaro and it to me looks like another hopped up caddy. The mustang is totally eye catching as is the challenger to which i have yet to stop looking. As far as the weight goes it seems a bit on the chubby side, the stang is close to 3200lbs, but id be curious to know how heavy the shelby mustang concept weighs for comparison. We all know that a heavy car can in fact be fast, just look at the M5 BMW. Yes it is a 4dr thats very luxurious, although we are talking about a concept that has a lot of eye candy features to go with. =)
tasattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #42
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Here is Chris Bangle (head of BMW Group design) checking out the Challener concept. He doesn't like retro styling.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #43
zx2guy
AF Enthusiast

only under very select circumstances would i believe a head of a euro car maker like an american stlye car. the viper yes, but americas roots has pretty well been in the stip, not the track. while euro has been about handling with lighter, big power small engine. i mean look at the ferraris in the late 60's and look at american cars.

so i really wouldnt expect a foreign head to like our styling... especially retro (since none of them have gone retro).
Old 03-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #44
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Ferraris in the late 1960s weren't exactly affordable. The Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona didn't handle as well as the other Ferrari of the same period.

The new BMWs look ugly, imo, compared to the older ones.

I find it interesting that it took Dodge to make a station wagon cool (read: hot rod looks) which is something BMW hasn't done in North America (no E34 M5 Touring, no E39 530i Touring, no E46 330i Touring, no E61 M5 Touring, etc.)

Michael Castiglione, principal exterior designer.

The Viper has bigger roots in sports car racing than drag racing (an RT/10 was race at Le Mans in 1994, won GTS class in 1998-2000 with a GTS-R, overall Rolex 24 at Daytona winner in 2000, several Championships won, winner of the 12 Hours of Sebring, 24 Hours of Spa, Petit Le Mans, and will now race all over the world with Comp Coupes this year).

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 05-16-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:07 AM   #45
sheetmagnet
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheetmagnet

I don't mean to resurrect another old thread, but this car is absolutely beautiful to look at... in a "mean" sense. This is by far the best retro-concept I have seen come out of Detroit yet. I thought the new Mustang was a right-on concept and great platform, but this thing blows it right out of the water.

If you look at this car and adreneline doesn't rush through your pants, something isn't right. Makes me want to take my Neon out on the road and power-shift it all the way through redlines until it blows... tell my wife a different story and maybe she'll let me order one of these instead :-)
sheetmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Challenger