Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Bronco
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
gtkriss
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gtkriss
*WANTED* Bronco/BroncoII

Looking for a Bronco/Bronco II, needs to run, and look acceptable--- no major dings, but paint fading is ok.

My new ride:
1986 Mercedes-Benz 2.3-16
Momo carbon fiber shift knob, Carbon fiber dash, New cooling system,
timing chain/tensioner, Blistin hydraulic shocks/coil springs,
Mcpherson struts, 17" Monoblock rims w/ Kuhmo tires.
with more to come!
gtkriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
g.simonson
AF Newbie

Re: *WANTED* Bronco/BroncoII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtkriss
Looking for a Bronco/Bronco II, needs to run, and look acceptable--- no major dings, but paint fading is ok.
I have for sale an '86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4x4, electronic 4wd with automatic locking hubs, 4wd works like a charm. It's dark blue/tan with the tan Eddie Bauer cloth interior, 2.9 V6/automatic, has the alloy wheels and recent Bridgestone Dueler APT 235/75-15s. The truck has 149K miles on it. Engine runs well, no oil consumption, no funny noises. Old truck drives nicely. Transmission is fresh, new brakes all around, front end's recent, the interior is unusually nice for a vehicle this age. Paint is weak, very dry from Texas sun but isn't a bad 20 footer. Needs an A/C clutch -- it disintegrated -- or maybe a compressor. Body is absolutely rust-free and pretty straight, sold new in Oklahoma and lived most of its life in Dallas or Fort Worth, a few minor dings, nothing serious. Leaky valve cover gaskets, I've had a set for it sitting around for a long time and never got around to replacing them.

I'm the second owner. This was my son's first car, he bought a c-word pickup a couple of years ago. I've kept this thing wondering if he'd be able to handle payments on his truck, but it's time for the Bronco to find a new home with someone who needs it and would appreciate it. Must be pretty tough, it survived a 16 year old boy! It's got some minor bugs but is way too good to get trashed. Was always reliable, been parked in my garage since the kid quit driving it, I've used it a little but not nearly enough. Email me at g.simonson@charter.net if interested!
g.simonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:38 PM   #3
jasons_97Ranger
AF Newbie

I have a 1988 Bronco II. it has about 118,000 miles on it. It has started and ran really good the whole time that I've had it, but suddenly it won't start about every third time. I replaced the battery, alternator and positive battery cable. I'm still going to do the negative cable, and have the starter checked. It would be a very good truck, and I would love to sell it, but I wouldn't feel right until everything is perfect. It has a few places that could use some paint, but the body is good, and the paint is fair. The interior could use some work, but generally nice. I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. I will post again, once I get everything going good, and see if you're still looking. I like this one, which I've had a few, but I have seen better out there.
Just to let you know.
jasons_97Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
jasons_97Ranger
AF Newbie

I just wanted to give you guys an update. I fixed the problems that my Bronco II was having. It was the starter solenoid. I replaced it, and now it starts and runs fine. I don't see any other problems. It's a really nice truck, and I'm even debating selling it now.
jasons_97Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote