Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
jps_001
AF Newbie

'79 Malibu Classic

Hey, I need to find out what my car is worth. I have a 1979 Chevy Malibu Classic, 2 door, V6, 2-tone (dark brown and cream w/tan interior), no rust, engine is in perfect working order, interior is imaculate. One owner, lady driven, and looks like it has never seen a winter. Rear frame rails need to be replaced but I'm told that this is common for this car and this year. Anyone have any idea what this car is worth. I've heard anywhere from $3000 and up?
jps_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: '79 Malibu Classic

Yes, most GM cars from 1977 to '87 which were not unit body had similar frame rail rust problems.

I do not wish to offend you but reaslistically, your car has very little collector interest. It has no performance options (v6) and is just an old car, good for basic transportation.

There were literally hundreds of thousands of these car made, so they are not at all rare.

With the frame rails fixed, and ready to go, IMO its worth $3000 tops. As it is now, perhaps $1000 or so.
It is remotely possible a car enthusiast might give you more for it, to use as a hot rod project.

Of course, you may find someone who just has to have your car for some personal reason, Therefore, it can't hurt to ask more than $3000 for it, but do not be surprised if it simply will not sell for that much.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars