Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 05:08 PM   #1
CalDaveNTexas
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CalDaveNTexas
Angry 1986 Chevy S-10 Blazer Electircal

Ok...here's the deal...I have this Chevy Blazer, which while wasn't in cherry condition when I bought it in California, has decided to be the bane of my existence since my arrival in Texas...hmmm

I've got a wierd electrical problem and I'm not sure how to go about figuring it out...

It goes something like this...If I change the fuse that runs the taillights, and then apply the brake, the fuse pops...at the same time, the left turn indicators work, but when I try to use the right turn indicators, they don't work, but it seems to activate a servo in the carb that injects gas...???...

I know that these should all be on separate circuits, or would assume they would be...I have also changed the turn indicator fuse/switch thingie (LOL) with no luck...I'm really confused on why the left turn indicator works, but the right doesn't...

I am pretty mechanically inclined...but this one definately has me stumped...especially since it appears to be involving the fuel/carburation system...

Any and all thoughts, ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated...as I know electrical type stuff can get real costly, real quick...

Thanks in Advance!!!

Dave
CalDaveNTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
Trigger351
AF Enthusiast

Have a look under the dash for a burnt spot in the loom, also check the earths at the back for the lights. If it has a bad earth you get feedback through the electrical system.

Let us know how you go
Old 09-10-2001, 11:33 PM   #3
TheMan5952
Volvo Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheMan5952
BTW, Earths mean Grounds here in the US CalDave.

Yea, I would just think it to be bad grounds. Possibly a chaffed wire somewhere. Do you know if there has been any electrical service done before you purchased the vehicle, I would reveiw any papers that came with the truck.

Sold!1993 volvo 850
Intake, Exhaust, Springs, Shock, I.C.E.
TheMan5952 is offline   Reply With Quote