Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 07:33 PM   #1
mozallas
AF Newbie

About to purchase a Range.Opinions please?

About to purchase a1997 Range Rover 4.0 with 100000 miles on it for $9000 The interior and exterior is perfect?Is this o.k? Any comments welcome.
mozallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
marypickett
AF Newbie

Re: DON'T PURCHASE RANGE ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozallas
About to purchase a1997 Range Rover 4.0 with 100000 miles on it for $9000 The interior and exterior is perfect?Is this o.k? Any comments welcome.
Hello, my name is Mary Pickett and I own a Range Rover 4.6 HSE. My purchase of this vehicle has turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. If you want to hear my story with the vehicle and the manner in which Land Rover acts when there is a problem, please go to Ripoffreport.com and insert Range Rover in the search space. I have friends with Range Rovers who all share the same feelings that I do. But for the record, Range Rovers are truly NOT worth the money. Good Luck
marypickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
mozallas
AF Newbie

Thanks.Guess I will settle for good old Toyota.
mozallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:47 PM   #4
glenncof
AF Regular

Re: About to purchase a Range.Opinions please?

I have had a 1991 Range Rover for about nine years now and it has 168K miles of which I have put over 100K. It has been quite reliable after the first 100K, that's break-in period...

This vehicle seems to be for two types; either have a lot of money or really interested to get "your hands ditry" and be personally involved.

I suppose the only 'safe' bet is going to the dealer and paying through the roof for parts & service. Based on the prior post maybe that's not enough !

I have used mechanics that specialize in Britsh and they screw up alot. PEP Boys..you have got to be kidding...maybe I would let them change a tire.

It's not there fault ..these are complex vehicles and almost no one has the experience or expertise to service them.

After my British shop could not solve an ABS problem I decided to do it myself (which I did) and have never gone back. Every time I do my homework in the Hayne manual and on forums via Google search.

Most recent project was repalcing starter motor at 169K. This was the original starter which is almost unbelievable that it last long...

I can tell stroies about my 911 Porsche (158K) or my Chevy Tahoe (110K) and each vehicle has strengths /weaknesses.

G
glenncof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
RedRhinoProducts
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RedRhinoProducts
Re: About to purchase a Range.Opinions please?

Wow, that's funny. I have had over 6 Rovers in the past 4 years and I love them. Yes I have had plenty of problems with them but that's par for the course.

If you want a big gas guzzling SUV to show off to other soccer mom's get the Toyota. If you want your knuckles to bleed and you bank account to deplete buy the Rover...

Just my .02

Checkout www.get-rhino.com we need the exposure
RedRhinoProducts is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque