Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
defmic
AF Newbie

'03 center dash speaker

I somehow managed to blowout my center dash speaker. Has anyone ever had to replace one. What do I need to remove to get to it?
defmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
Drodman
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Drodman
Re: '03 center dash speaker

If your talking about the one that is on the center consol then yes it is easy to get to. I really didn't see the need for mine so I just took it out all together. If I am not mistaken I think the cover just pops off. It's been a while since I took mine out so I will have to check for sure.
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Spyder,17" Konig Wheels, AEM Underdrive pully and Air Intake System, B & M Short Shifter with MOMO boot & shift knob, High Performance Drilled & Slotted Roters w/Hawk Brake Pads, Centerforce Stage 2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lb Flywheel and a Magnaflow Full Catback Exhaust System.
Drodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
Shasta Cola
AF Newbie

okay i blew my speakers today, and as far as i know they are still factory speakers...i am the second owner of my eclipse, i do know they had a dvd player instead of the cd player but switched them back out when i bought it.and thats the only change i know of. how am i supposed to know which ones i blew??
Cause i blast my music to drown out the mysterious noise in the rear which not 1 of 6 mechanics could figure out for 2 weeks after taking my entire back end completely apart.So odds are, all of them but how do i know for sure??
Shasta Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
808drifter
AF Enthusiast

adjust the EQ to one speaker at a time.
808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Yellow Eyes
AF Newbie

(this is for my 01, I assume its the same) Theres two screws on the bottom of the center piece of dash (below your a/c controls), one on each side of the center console. Unscrew them, and then you should be able to lift it up and out. There are clips on it, so it takes some force. This part I am unsure of, I can't remember, but I believe there are two more screws, a lot more obvious, by the screen with the time on it. unscrew them, and then you should be able to pop off the cover of the center speaker. Again with clips, so it takes some force. Then just unscrew the speaker and unplug it. I too had no use for mine (when I had a stock system). And even in my aftermarket system I have now, there is still no speaker there.
Yellow Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+