Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #16
Homeby51
AF Newbie

Re: Temp gauge not working and Check Engine Light on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech II View Post
You can answer your own question, by disconnecting the temp sensor, the code will set and the gage should go to low........now reconnect(do all this without shutting the engine off).......

The problem could be the sensor, or either line to it from the PCM....or the PCM itself, which is very unlikely....
Thanks.....but I'm not asking how to troubleshoot this...I petty much have it figured out. I am just wondering if it is normal for an intermittent glitch that causes a p0115 fault will cause the gauge to stop working until you actually reset the fault........even when the temperature is accurately reading in the ECM? Just seems weird that it would be programmed to disarm the temperature gauge until someone hooks up a scan tool and resets the fault even when the ECM is reading he proper temperature.
Homeby51 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure