Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Audio and Videos
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: trying to troubleshoot my sub/amp problem

Try find a car audio repair place in your city. I plan on getting my JL fixed when I go home for the summer. IIRC, it was like $130 for me to send it to JL and have them fix it, or it was $35 in parts and $50 labor for the repair shop to fix it with a warranty on the parts they replaced. I'd look into something like that if you can.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #17
violent31601
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to violent31601
Re: trying to troubleshoot my sub/amp problem

wow, so it turns out that it was just my 80 amp fuse by the battery. Now before you guys facepalm me and say "you didn't check that", the thing is I didn't have my Volt tester (couldn't find it) and I just last night got one and tested only about half power going to my amp. On top of that I looked at my fuse in the front and it looked like it was still fine. I thought the piece inside the glass fuse had to be broken for the fuse to be dead. Long story short, I put a new fuse in and everything worked just fine.

Thank god I don't have to get my amp fixed, cause I wasn't looking forward to it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Audio and Videos