Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Commander | Patriot
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
kybred4492
AF Newbie

Commander won't start after alarm issue

Okay, I was out last night and trying to find my car in a large parking lot and used the panic button on my key fob to set off the alarm so I could find it. Well, once I did, I tried to use the unlock feature to stop the alarm and it didnt work. I pressed panic again, thinking I had forgotten how to turn it off (since I dont use it much). Alarm continued to sound, was able to unlock car, got in, start it, but alarm continued to sound. Sat in car locking and unlocking with fob and door and alarm still would not go off. After 5 minutes I finally started it again and started backing out and driving and then it shut off. An hours drive home with a few stops, but never turned the car off. Got home, didnt lock it with fob, left it unlocked. Tonight, went to get in car, noticed interior lights were dimmer. Put key in ignition, all bells and whistles light up and are bright like normal, but car will not turn over. No clicking like the altenator, nothing, zilch. The alarm "red light" on the panel was not lit up. After giving up and going inside, I tried to lock the car with the key fob and nothing, wont work. Can still open the car the old fashioned way, but key fob is useless. I am wondering if something that happened last night during the false alarm session could have set off a fail safe where the vehicle will not start. Any help or suggestions?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: Commander won't start after alarm issue

Duplicate thread. Closed.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Commander | Patriot