Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Syclone | Typhoon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
josey103
AF Newbie

Unhappy 93 typhoon torsion bar

Hi I bought two torsion bars they came with a blue tag on one and a yellow on the other and two front shocks from the dealer. I put them on my 1993Typhoon and now the truck drives like crap a.k.a "$#!@". Because when I accelerate the car rises in the front and when I let the acceleration go the car bounces in the front. And, when I drive the car on the highway it wobbles from side to side as if their isnt any front suspension.
my question is for anyone that has an answer or can direct me to someone that may be able to help me.
Q: is there a left and right torsion bar? And, is there a specific direction they should be facing based on the colors of the stickers on both bars, which are blue and yellow? Do the colors indicate that they should be placed on the lower control arm side or the adjustable side-which is on the cross member.
Thank you, if you rather talk over the phone please call me on my cell at
646-552-6034

Last edited by josey103; 04-01-2012 at 05:43 PM.
josey103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 93 typhoon torsion bar

If they are the same part number there is no left or right, if different check with the parts dept., which goes where. Did you adjust them so they are at the correct ride height, why did you replace them to begin with?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
josey103
AF Newbie

maxwedge thank you with reply to my add.ill try to keep it simple. iam the second owner i brought it back in1993 with 800 mile it drove like a beast in power and handeling. a few years later it had abs problem the abs would kick the brake pedal back up so i bring it back to the dealer to be check they told me there was no problem with it so i drove out the dealer down the block the brake faled it jump to curve and bent the front cross member in the front of the chassis so the dealer changer the whole chassis it coast them $7500. after that it did not drive the same so i put it away of few year before the parts went discontinued i brought the shock a stabilizer bars from the dealer and put them on and it drove the same so i think i put them wrong yes i leveled it. my truck only has 32000 miles
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
josey103
AF Newbie

maxwedge thank you for replying to my add.ill try to keep it simple. iam the second owner, i brought it back in1993 with 800 miles it drove like a beast in power and handeling. a few years later it had ABS problems the abs would kick the brake pedal back up so bring it back to the dealer to be check they told me there was no problem with it so i drove out the dealer down the block the brake faled it jump to curve and bent the front cross member in the front of the chassis so the dealer changer the whole chassis it coast them $7500. after that it did not drive the same so i put it away of few year before the parts went discontinued i brought the shock a torsion bars from the dealer and put them on and it drove the same so i think i put them wrong yes i leveled it. My truck only has 32000 miles

Last edited by josey103; 04-01-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: trying to send a picture
Old 04-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
maxwedge
A990 racer

Torsion bars and shocks do not cause wobbling or instability when driving, bad shocks could cause the front end to bounce up and down excessively over bumps, I assume the torsion bars are the correct ones for this truck. Side to side can be many things, tires and/or wheels are the first suspect. Someone familiar with these symptoms need to drive the truck.