Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > GT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
Alfasudcrazy
AF Newbie

Talking My New GT

New Gt

I am getting a new Gt 1.9jtd diesel in January and I want this thread to be a history of my experiences with this car for the benefit of people reading this thread.
Collection date 4/1/05

Ps I am very biased in favour of this car so that has to be borne in mind when evaluating my reports.

I love driving Alfa's
Alfasudcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
Alfasudcrazy
AF Newbie

Update 6/1/05
Well I was so eager to collect my Gt on the 4th (the day everything opens after the new year) that I forgot you have to do boring things like arrange insurance, number plates, empty the piggybank and look for coins under the armchair cushions etc.
But now I think im all set for collection in the morning ( afternoon really) and just cant go to bed. Only thing is the weather for Jan 7th is really rubbish so I might look a tad silly wearing my snazzy shades as I had intended to do.
I bought the car at a dealer that is about 150 miles away from where I live so have to get the train to the place.
Hope I have made a good decision but am really delighted to be so near to getting my first brand new Alfa
Old 01-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Alfasudcrazy
AF Newbie

Now - collected my new GT yesterday and am still hopping around the place as im still on an extreme high over it.
As usual the weather did its best to spoil my day with gale force winds and torrential rain and flooding. However the glint off the GT's Lipari grey metallic paint as soon as I walked into the showroom made me feel great and eager to drive it home. And what a drive it was - 140 miles in as I said appalling conditions - but my did I enjoy it.
Its difficult to decide what to praise about the car first. I think it has to be the seats - my oh my are they good - fit around you snugly and are perfectly adjustable with beautiful soft leather. The driving position could not be improved and the instruments and dials are worthy of any Ferrari. There is a brialliant go cart feel to the cars handling with plenty of power for effortless overtaking. I find this so refreshing after my previous two BMW's which I felt insulated me too much from the driving experience.
The extreme weather conditions we had here yesterday would put any car under pressure but the GT wafted through the mailstrom with ignorant disdain. Not a hint of buffetting from crosswinds and excellent visibility maintained at all times from the excellent heating/demisting system wipers and powerful headlamps.
I must praise my Alfa dealer Lismard Autoworld in Portlaoise, Ireland for their excellent presentation of the car and for putting up with me during the past few months.
I had been worried I was making a mistake trading in my BMW 530D but now I know I have made the best decision of my motoring life
Old 01-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
Alfasudcrazy
AF Newbie

Rain stopped and the sun came out yesterday for about an hour so I managed to take some pics - also some pics of the car in the showroom - sorry for the quality of these - the light from the large windows caused some problem

Last edited by Alfasudcrazy; 01-30-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:22 AM   #5
Alfasudcrazy
AF Newbie

Re: My New GT

Some more pics of my GT

Nothing major to report - well the petrol cap is not opening electrically at the min but can be opened manually from within the boot. I will get it fixed at the next service.

Comments are welcome - nothing worse than talking to yourself all the time.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:54 AM   #6
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Sorry for my belated response (Been a bit busy with life outside Alfa's at the mo), but a very nice GT there!! You chose the best color as well

Welcome to AF!

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:29 AM   #7
crayzayjay
CFA

Welcome to AF

I love the Alfa GT so congrats on the purchase. Do let us know how you get on with the car

ps. great alloy choice, but the brake discs have gone a funny colour ?

This is not 'Nam, this is AF. There are rules.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:08 AM   #8
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Nothing wrong with a little surface rust on the brake discs, hasn't really effected stopping in my experiences.

While I like the wheels, if you ever get bored with them, then some rims from a 156 Sportivo (Or alternatively just get some OZ Racing Superturismos- same effect) look brilliant on any modern Alfa.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #9
chacal
AF Regular

Congratulations on your purchase!

I'm thinking about buying a 147 1.9 JTD latter this year. Man, I wish I could go for the GT!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #10
Alfasudcrazy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: My New GT

[quote=Alfasudcrazy]Nothing major to report - well the petrol cap is not opening electrically at the min but can be opened manually from within the boot. I will get it fixed at the next service.

I got a note from my dealer a few days ago - they said if the key was in the ignition the fuel filler cap would not open electrically. First I heard of that since the handbook made no mention of having to have they key out.
But I tried it anyway and - yes it opened. So my GT has no faults at all now just being a new car not all its funny Alfa ways are known to everyone - even the Alfa dealer
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #11
franzzz
AF Newbie

Very nice GT.

I Wait the 3.2 V6 version.......

franzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #12
franzzz
AF Newbie

Ladies and Gentlemens this is my NEW alfa GT 3.2 V6
see my site www.passionforcar.net for more info

franzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #13
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Bellissima ! E è l'ultimo V6 Arese ancora disponibile dall'Alfa Romeo. Ne abbiamo una da 1 anno, in Jtd Selective, nera colla pelle rossa.
Some pics there :

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > GT