Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #16
angel_iz378
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to angel_iz378
I recently got sponsored by them and the money that you pay is not for SCP, it is a lawyer's fee for drawing up each individual contract as they become needed. the contract fee is $79 plus $9 shipping(or something like that). as for the idea that they won't sponsor you w/o prior competions under your belt, that can't be true b/c i just started modding my 94 cavy and haven't done any shows yet, but I do have to do the required ?4 shows this year. i've had local custom shops tell me they are pretty good company to go with.

Check out My NEW 2007 Cobalt LT "Pheonix" @ Car Domain
angel_iz378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #17
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Do you really think they need a lawyer to draw upa contract for EACH individual person? ... you make up one sponsorship agreement and change it as needed.

Do you really think that a company that can offer thousands of dollars worth of sponsorships needs $80?

Do you think Budweiser asked Kenny Bernstein for $80 for a sponsorship contract?
Do you think Diehard asked Dale Earnhardt for $80 for lawyer fees?

Companies sponsor race cars or show cars thar are out, that are getting attention so their product gets notice. What product is Sport Compact Pro ADVERTISING?? .... all they sell is $80 sponsorships.

It's lame. They take your $80 for you to buy into a "wholesale club" just like BJs or Sam's Club ... the difference is they do not give you wholesale prices.

I have a good 7-8 sponsors for my car and none of them have ever asked me for a dime.

This "deal" is no different than the photographers that convinve young girls they can be models if they only pay $400~$600 to have their portfolio shot by them.

/rant

Last edited by JekylandHyde; 02-16-2006 at 09:55 PM.
JekylandHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #18
Cyprus106
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Cyprus106
Old 05-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #19
SpecialKay
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Wow...I'm very uneasy right now. Last night I got a call from SCP telling em that I was accepted. Now I've never done any racing or showing. I 'm just slowly modifying my car and I wanted to see for the heck of it what they would offer me. So I went on-line filled out the app. then got finish and they said they needed my credit card number so I was like no thanks not doing that. But then last night they called me and told me that I was accepted that a spot in NC just opened they needed to fill it and they picked me and needed to verify some info. So thinking that ok this is legit they're goin to give me $12,000 thats worth $79 bucks. So I go on with the verification and the guy says that I will have my stuff within one -two weeks. Today I go on-line to get some info and I see these negative things. I also know someone who recieved a sponsorship from SCP and he got his stuff and his getting a body kit for free. Someone has got to have some answers and I will get them. Granted 79 bucks isn't a lot but its the point. I'm not about to let someone sit back and say haha stupid b**** she fell for it. My pride is all that matters in this case. and ya'll should feel the same way! I'm pissed
SpecialKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #20
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

SpecialKay,

Doesn't it strike you as odd that a business would want to sponsor a car that has never showed or raced?

What product or service will you be advertising for them? What is their "business" that they are trying to promote?

If they can afford to give you $12,000, why on Earth would they need your CC number and your $79?

The sponsors I have given ME cash or products in exchange for advertising their businesses on my car. I was only able to get sponsorships after several years of racing and making somewhat of a name for myself.

I wish you well.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #21
angel_iz378
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to angel_iz378
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialKay
Wow...I'm very uneasy right now. Last night I got a call from SCP telling em that I was accepted. Now I've never done any racing or showing. I 'm just slowly modifying my car and I wanted to see for the heck of it what they would offer me. So I went on-line filled out the app. then got finish and they said they needed my credit card number so I was like no thanks not doing that. But then last night they called me and told me that I was accepted that a spot in NC just opened they needed to fill it and they picked me and needed to verify some info. So thinking that ok this is legit they're goin to give me $12,000 thats worth $79 bucks. So I go on with the verification and the guy says that I will have my stuff within one -two weeks. Today I go on-line to get some info and I see these negative things. I also know someone who recieved a sponsorship from SCP and he got his stuff and his getting a body kit for free. Someone has got to have some answers and I will get them. Granted 79 bucks isn't a lot but its the point. I'm not about to let someone sit back and say haha stupid b**** she fell for it. My pride is all that matters in this case. and ya'll should feel the same way! I'm pissed
They told me the same exact thing. I also live in NC and they told me a spot had recently become available and if I didn't pay the 80 bucks that it was going to go to someone else. That it also had to be put on some type of credit card. So fearing for my "sponsorship" I managed to convince a friend to let me use his buisness Visa card. Then when I FINALLY got the info in the mail w/the "special" DVD it was a list of only 5 websites that you're allowed to order from. Having a 2nd gen Cavalier, ALL of the sites are of no use to me since they only have parts for 3rd gen. Unless, of course, I were interested in more audio/video for my car, which I'm not. So I now look at it like this, it was $80 worth of experience that a sponsor doesn't need you to pay for your own sponsorship. They, supposedly, pay you. With or w/o my "sponsor" I'm still working on my car-it'll just take more time and money. And when I get into the show circuit, then maybe I'll get noticed by REAL sponsors.

As for the statement that someone got a body kit for free? Sounds funny to me. According to SCP you get DISCOUNTS on stuff which is why u can only order from certain sites b/c you still pay the price that is listed.

Check out My NEW 2007 Cobalt LT "Pheonix" @ Car Domain
angel_iz378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #22
SpecialKay
AF Newbie

Well I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I will wait the estimated week for arrival of my contract and kit, read over it very closely and decide from there. The guy that said he is getting the body kit for "free" from SCP might get a slap in the face from SCP when they send him a bill. I don't know. You're right about them needing the 80 when they are giving me 12,000. I should've just said deduct it from the 12,000 or put it on my tab. I'll find out if they hold their word.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
SpecialKay
AF Newbie

Well everyone I don't know. I got the contract a few days ago with stickers and a list of manufacturers they deal with and a voucher for a free DVD. Before I sign the contract and send it back I want to talk to a human being at the company. I did try to call yesterday and no one answered I'll keep tryin until I get someone...If I don't then I'll report the charge as fraudulent use.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:27 PM   #24
moman87
AF Newbie

Scp

well... i am applying for a sponsorship form SCP... i dont have ANY experience under my belt, and my car is 100% stock, i have great plans for it but need help finacially doing it! that is why i went looking for a sponsorship and have heard great things about SCP(www.carsponsorships.com)
moman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #25
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Your car is 100% stock and you have no experience ...

... does that sound like someone a legitimate company would want to sponsor?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:18 PM   #26
moman87
AF Newbie

depends... if they are a company looking to help out a TRUE car enthusiast, help out a poor kid like me that is BARLY able to get by... yes... makes them look good to help the "unlucky" such as my self. i only accuired a 2001 stang by chance that i got in a car accident in my mothers vehicle, and the insurance covered more than enough for ehr to get her explorer, and the down payment for my stang... do i know how and what i want to do to my car... YES... so why not sponsor me, i am willing to do what it takes, i know how to race, jsut have not dun it, i know how to built a class winning show car, but have no money to do it! so why not sponsor me?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:08 AM   #27
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

So you think this company is sponsoring you (and thousands of others like you) out of the kindness of their heart?

Ok, let's run with that.

Then ask yourself this. Why are they trying to look good? What are they selling? What is their product or service? In fact, what is their "business"?

Their business is collecting $80 from people who are willing to pay $80 to say they are sponsored.
If you give me $80, I will gladly sponsor you as well.

I have over a dozen sponsors and I have never given any of them money.

I am baffled that people think the racer would ever pay the sponsor. The whole point of sponsorship is to get money or service from the sponsor.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:48 AM   #28
moman87
AF Newbie

it is simply also that you are giving CarSponsorships.com the 80$ to get you sponsorships from OTHER COMPANIES, such as Spoirt Compact Pro
Old 05-23-2005, 07:20 AM   #29
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Again, why would the racer have to pay for sponsorhips?

What is Sport Compact Pros product or service?
What do they sell? .... how do they make money?

$80 ... a pop. They are reeling in the dough.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #30
moman87
AF Newbie

dont know... wholesale...dunno...i was not arguiing with you guys, just posing other information... i know of one company that is sponsering me $$$ to get started, and then another possible sponser that might give me $$$ to get started... not car companies, but $$$ is $$$...SPC would jsut be another sponser... and agina yes my car is stock, and is only the V6...but with it i will get myself started and move up...why must one have to be rich, and have the money to get started? why not sponser an enthusiast with ideas taht will win?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car