Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
ready2shootmys10
AF Newbie

please help me

alright so heres the deal. i have a 1992 s10 pickup 4.3 liter 5 speed 4 wheel drive. it has been throwing me through loops for about a month now fighting with it. when its sat all night it starts up no problem in the morning however once i've drove it where ever it wont start up again for hours. it tries turning over but just wont fire. i have replaced plugs wires cap and rotor. i have spark everywhere. i have tried to check the fuel system as best i can. i have fuel going to the throttle body (its the model 220), and it almost seems to leak from the passenger side injector when its turning over while the driver side injector seems to be doing nothing. i tried hooking a voltmeter to each connector and they seem to pulse around a half volt when my friend turns the key. i have no idea where to go from here. the only time it ever seems actually fixed is when i was testing the spark, i had unplugged the coil wire and tested it, had good spark, but when i pulled the 5th cylinder plug to test it the truck started right up and started on the first try every time for about a week, of course i then opened the hood and my problem started all over again. makes me wonder if maybe a wire is loose, or something im lost. im a broke college kid so i cant afford to dump parts at it, but need it to get to school so if anyone has an idea to help me that'd be great. thank you so much
ready2shootmys10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2shootmys10 View Post
alright so heres the deal. i have a 1992 s10 pickup 4.3 liter 5 speed 4 wheel drive. it has been throwing me through loops for about a month now fighting with it. when its sat all night it starts up no problem in the morning however once i've drove it where ever it wont start up again for hours. it tries turning over but just wont fire. i have replaced plugs wires cap and rotor. i have spark everywhere. i have tried to check the fuel system as best i can. i have fuel going to the throttle body (its the model 220), and it almost seems to leak from the passenger side injector when its turning over while the driver side injector seems to be doing nothing. i tried hooking a voltmeter to each connector and they seem to pulse around a half volt when my friend turns the key. i have no idea where to go from here. the only time it ever seems actually fixed is when i was testing the spark, i had unplugged the coil wire and tested it, had good spark, but when i pulled the 5th cylinder plug to test it the truck started right up and started on the first try every time for about a week, of course i then opened the hood and my problem started all over again. makes me wonder if maybe a wire is loose, or something im lost. im a broke college kid so i cant afford to dump parts at it, but need it to get to school so if anyone has an idea to help me that'd be great. thank you so much
Confirm good fuel pressure and good hot blue sprk to all plugs.
The injector pulse is a grond plulse not a voltage pulse.
Best to check with a injector testing node lghts.
Have you checked ign module?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
ready2shootmys10
AF Newbie

are the node lights something i can pick up from napa? and i have not checked the ign module, not entirely sure how to tell you the truth.
ready2shootmys10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2shootmys10 View Post
are the node lights something i can pick up from napa? and i have not checked the ign module, not entirely sure how to tell you the truth.
Yes most parts place will have them.
Ign modules and PCM have a hoigh fasil rate in them years.
And do not forget to confirm good fuel pressure.
Any codes or check engine lights?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
chevy , problem , s10 , starting , trouble
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10