Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:07 AM   #1
demotim00
AF Regular

Question 2003 XLT FX4 Super Crew height question.

I just recently bought a 2003 XLT super crew with the FX4 off road package. It has the 17" wheels. It currently has factory Ford Nerf Bars installed. However it is still a tad bit taller then I'd prefer, as I do have knee and hip problems and am not always capable of climbing in the truck. Right now I keep a step stool in the back seat that I use when needed to give me extra help on getting in. I'm looking for more a permanent solution on both driver and passenger sides. Anyone have any solutions of how I can either lower the truck a tad bit or add a step that sits lower to the ground or add a second step below the current nerf bars? No I do not and will not be taking my truck off road. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
demotim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
fastbackstang64
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 XLT FX4 Super Crew height question.

put an electric lowering step underneath the frame of the truck and it will fix your problem
fastbackstang64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #3
demotim00
AF Regular

Thanks for the advice, the next time I go to my local truck customization place (hope to make it there sometime this month) to have a toolbox installed on the side of the bed, I'll talk to them about the power steps and see if they would come down lower than the nerf bars do and if so how much it will cost.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #4
demotim00
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackstang64 View Post
put an electric lowering step underneath the frame of the truck and it will fix your problem
Well checked with my local car & truck customizer and they said the power running boards is the only solution they have that would come down lower and they want $1600 wish for me is way out of the question considering my entire monthly income is less then a $1K and i do have other bills to pay.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series