Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MPV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
aluckyguy75
AF Newbie

Exclamation Brakes

I have a 1990 Mazda MPV...I am having some problems with my brakes...I tapped on the brakes the other day and they went to the floor the antilock brakes light came on and it finally stopped. Got it home just fine no problems checked the brake fluided and it needed some so I added some. Now the brake light and the antibrake lights come on and the brake pedal goes to the floor and it is hard to stop I really need help this is my only car and I have to be able to get my kids to school it's to cold for them to walk please help me

I replace the mastercycler and the booster and I'm still having problems stopping and the lights come on we looked for leaks didn't find any and we are not losing any brake fluid....help please

Last edited by aluckyguy75; 10-25-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: adding more info
aluckyguy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
RadBuch
AF Newbie

Re: Brakes

Since the pedal is still going to the floor I would have to assume there is air in the lines somewhere. Have you bled the master cylinder when you installed it and have you bled the air from the lines at each wheel cylinder? This is a must anytime the system is breached by replacing a part or allowing the brake fluid to get too low in the master cylinder.
RadBuch is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MPV