Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
TheyCallMeDave
AF Newbie

Need to hear from 2012 Accent Owners, please

Hi. Im VERY seriously considering getting a new /used 2012 Accent with the 6 speed auto trans. Im wanting to know what gas mileage you are actually getting with yours , any problems thus far, how do u like it, what do u want to see improved on the car ? I test drove one and i am so delighted about it ...simply incredible comfort, response, and roominess .

Please tell me as much as you can. Thanks.
TheyCallMeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
amrita
AF Newbie

Re: Need to hear from 2012 Accent Owners, please

Yikes, I just saw the date of the OP. Here's my answer anyway.

I have a 2012 Accent GS hatchback. The trip meter overestimates the MPG by about 10%. Doing about 75% highway it says 37mpg, but when I do the math of miles/gallons it's more like 33mpg. Pure highway, i.e. filling up and getting straight on the highway for a few hours, the best I've gotten according to the trip meter was 49mpg. That was on a small highway going 55mph.

The car has performed flawlessly. The head of the service department at my Hyundai dealer says these cars are bulletproof. I've only had to do regular oil changes, changed the air filters and battery. To protect the engine I only fill up at Chevron. It's worth it to spend an extra nickel on gas to get the detergents. Seems to give me a little better mpg as well.

What I hate about it is the poor visibility. The thick A-pillar in front, when making a left turn it's hard to see pedestrians crossing the street. Worse is the visibility in the rear, esp the right rear, when changing lanes and backing up. I had to get little convex mirrors to stick on the outside rear view mirrors, and a wide mirror to put over the inside rearview mirror.

I'm used to big old Crown Vics with great 360-degree visibility. Can't seem to get used to depending on mirrors when changing lanes. I hate not being able to see what's behind me when I back out of parking spaces. It's so nervewracking, I'm considering selling this car and going back to a Crown Vic.
amrita is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna