Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
geesedude
AF Newbie

isuzu rodeo wiper intermittent problem - delay module

FTR-P1CN012N

Hi Everyone.

If you are looking at this page, you have the same intermitten wiper problem that a lot of rodeo users are having. At the intermittent setting, it goes half way and it stops, or doesn't respond at all. It's a shame for Isuzu that so many of their drivers are having this problem, and for me, it's gonna lead me to never buying another Isuzu ever again; not only because of this, but due to a number of other problems and just darn right poor workmanship. But i digress - on to the problem at hand.

Reading through the thread, there are a number options to resolve this problem but it's clear to me that getting a replacement Fujitsu FTR-P1CN012N relay is the only real good option. Getting a new module is too expensive (over $200) for those occasional light rainy days, and the other two relays appear to be either too noisy and annoying, or doesn't fit quite right in to the board.

But the problem with the Fujitsu chip is that it's hard to come by - mostly because the dealers/distributors demand buys in large quantities (trust me, i looked everywhere for those that may sell in smaller quantities and there are none - if you know of one, let everyone here know!); we ALL have the problem, but the logistics of organizing, and redistributing to fellow owners is too daunting. So what now?

I ask that everyone start writing to mouser.com and let them know of the need for this part by all the many rodeo owners. They are businessmen, and this is a good opportunity for them to take advantage of us (ha) and mark it up to whatever makes sense for them to sell 1-3 of these relays. They price the relay at $3 for 100 count, so i am sure that they will be more than glad to sell it to us for twice as much and also make money on the S/H, whatever makes sense to them. I am also sure that all of us here are willing to pay up to $25 or more to get rid of this problem, so let's let them know we want to do business and get this damned part! They can make $300 by selling 100 of these or make $300 by selling 50 and double their profit - business is business!

I suggest we contact this person:

Tim Whitworth
Internet Sales Manager
tim.whitworth@mouser.com
(800) 346-6873

I would also cc: sales@mouser.com

I have already written to them and will do so again, and give them links to some of these boards so they can see firsthand how many people are affected by this problem.

I would urge everyone to do the same so we can get at least one sales channel by which people with the same problem can obtain this part!

Thanks everyone.
geesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

Re: isuzu rodeo wiper intermittent problem - delay module

I'm going to forward this onto Matt at Independent4x.com

I have a good feeling he can order up a bag full and sell them at a nice profit.

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
vanhuben
AF Newbie

FTR-P1CN012N Wiper Delay Problem

Hi can you provide any additional info on the intermittent wiper delay problem. I have a 99 Passport and I'm wondering if I have the same problem. The symptoms sound identical. What year Rodeo was this posted for? I don't really want to pay hundreds of dollars to fix this but if there's a cheaper soluton (even a $25 relay) I would be interested.

Thank you

vanhuben@yahoo.com
vanhuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #4
geesedude
AF Newbie

Re: FTR-P1CN012N Wiper Delay Problem

Hiya,

If you do a search on this board for "rodeo wiper intermittent", you will get all the information you need. Basically, there is a board that controls the intermittent wiper; you can pay $$$ and get a whole new board replaced (at the dealer) or you can do some handy work to replace the relay only, the relay that is causing the problem on the board. FTR-P1CN012N is the relay in concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhuben
Hi can you provide any additional info on the intermittent wiper delay problem. I have a 99 Passport and I'm wondering if I have the same problem. The symptoms sound identical. What year Rodeo was this posted for? I don't really want to pay hundreds of dollars to fix this but if there's a cheaper soluton (even a $25 relay) I would be interested.

Thank you

vanhuben@yahoo.com
geesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
Rodeo Rob
AF Newbie

Mouser has the Fugitsu P1CNO12N in stock by the piece now. Just bought and received the four I purchased. $5.10 each.

I am editing this post, as I have screwed up. I just hope I haven't lead anyone astray. The first box accessable from the glove box was labled "keyless entry..." My mistake was assuming that it was the box I was looking for. A simple test would have confirmed my goof. The box beyond it was the one I needed. Single screw holding it in place with a "belt clip" on the back side of the box. Mine is white and is marked by "Alarm" on it. Luckily I still have the right relays I ordered (P1CNO12N).
To know you have the right box, hold the box and cycle you rear or front wiper on and off. Your will likely feel the relay trying to action. As for RBACK, yours may be a relay problem, but rather than stuck off, your's are stuck on. Can't say for sure.

My mistake cost me parts and install of three new relays to the keyless entry box. What a dope. At least it is in good shape for a while.

The OMRON G8QN-01 relays are for the keyless entry box. I have seen info on some of these forum threads that show pictures of the keyless entry box rather thatn the alarm box (the one with the wiper relays).

Sites below show the two different relays.

I would suggest having a look at what you have first, before ordering. Mine takes about 1 minute to take out after dropping the glove box. I am not hurting as the four I bought only cost me around $20.

To buy the P1CNO12N look here
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...v%252bPQ%3d%3d

For the OMRON G8QN-01 look here (PDF file)
www.omronauto.com/PDF/G8QN%20Spec%20B.pdf

To buy the OMRON G8QN-01 look here
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...?name=Z2696-ND

I hope this helps some. Feel free to email me if someone has questions.
Email me if you want photos of the appropriate box and or the one not to change.

Last edited by Rodeo Rob; 10-23-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Rodeo Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
rback
AF Newbie

my 1997 rodeo wipers will not turn off.could this be the same problem.
rback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Rodeo Rob
AF Newbie

RBACK.
I have edited my last post due to my mistake. Have a read. Like above, yours may be stuck on rather than off. Check the box, as it is relatively easy to pull out with out disconecting it and you may get a better read on whether it is the problem or not. I disconnected the battery before messing around with the boxes to avoid a possible ground out. Call me anal, but better safe than sorry. Let me know how you make out.
Rodeo Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Rmasters3
AF Regular

OK, where is this board located (the one with the bad relay requiring replacement?

Thanks
Rmasters3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Tonythefish
AF Newbie

Has anybody found the relays or set a gb ?
Tonythefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
Danny1976
AF Newbie

Does anyone know where I can get the relay FTR-P1CN012N? I cant find it anywhere.
Danny1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 AM   #11
tajasrider
AF Newbie

tajasrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #12
Fluvannahoo
AF Newbie

I recently contacted Mouser and asked them about other relays that would replace the two that were known to work when this discussion originated about 10 years ago and they were no help. The new modules can still be found on some places for $200.00 + and am pretty certain that you need to know the original part number and maybe other identifying info.

Very frustrating. Have a 2002 Rodeo with front wipers that don't work on the intermittent setting and don't park properly. And a rear wiper that doesn't work at all.
Fluvannahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #13
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

you might be able to find a junk yard in your area that you can pull one from ...

car-parts.com ....

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU