Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
blckninja
AF Newbie

Possible Tranny Problem

Posting this in hopes anybody can help.

This is either a transmission or shifter issue, most likely transmission, so I didn't want to create a new thread.

This has been happening to my car recently and I don't know what it could be. The best way to describe it is when I shift from 1st into 2nd, low or high rpm, it feels as though its catching twice. It won't feel as one full movement, like clutch in 1st to 2nd one fluid movement, but more like two. Push in clutch, shift out of first and straight into second, it catches, stops for less than half a second, then catches again, all the while I am still moving the shifter into second gear.

So it has this issue in 1-3, a little in 4th, and not as much in 5-6. I'm guessing because of how it's harder in the lower gears, it has something to do with them being used more and more wear being put on them. But to help explain more I found this on a different forum that has the same issue.

Mine isn't AS BAD as the person in the quote, but you get the general idea. Also, it seems to shift easier in lower rpms?

Quote:
So yesterday it was shifting fine then all the sudden after i had been driving awhile it was a B!tch to get into first when at a complete stop (stick) so when i got to another stop i tested and it was a b1tch going into any gear from a stop, like i had to push really hard to get it to go in, but it didnt grind at all, or kick back out and it always went it, which i would think if the synchros were going that it would grind/kick out but it didnt do any of that....

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8