Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
5greenmonkies
AF Newbie

Question Ignition cylinder - broken key

My key broke off in the ignition the other day and thus the saga begins. I have removed the ignition cylinder from the steering column and dismantled the cylinder itself. The challenge now is to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

The attached photos shows an exploded view of the cylinder components in question. In cylinder lock 1.jpg I have circled in red the one piece that is puzzling me. I am not sure where this piece goes but I know that it came out of the cylinder when I separated the two larger pieces, either side of the spring. The two pieces at the bottom of this photo are put in to position in cylinder lock 2.jpg but again you will see the same puzzling piece is still out. I turned this piece slightly to get a better view of it.

Help! I know the space is limited in the cylinder but for the life of me I cannot figure out where this last piece goes.

Thank you in advance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cylinder lock 2.pdf (176.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf cylinder lock 1.jpg.pdf (100.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by 5greenmonkies; 03-07-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: image update
5greenmonkies is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cylinder , ignition , key
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro