Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > LeMans
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
ken robnins
AF Newbie

66 lemans

hi i am a new commer and need help with motor ID i have a 400 that someone put into the lemans and i have not been able to find the numbers anywhere but maybe someone can code them for me they are stamped into the front pass. side of the block and the are 600223 with 4x below that the intake # is 486912

thanks for any help
ken
ken robnins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 66 lemans

Welcome AF, took 1 minute to find this site, see this link. http://www.pontiacpower.net/castnum01.html
Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Re: 66 lemans

RRE's site is okay. There's a lot of extraneous detail that he uses to make himself sound "smart". If coinsidering a business deal with them, let the buyer beware.

Wallaceracing.com has the best data base for the Pontiafc I know of. You enter the codes, casting numbers, etc. into their query list and you WILL get accurate information.

If you give me the numbers cast into the center exhaust ports and the date code (near the distributor), I can probably nail it down for you. There should also be a two-letter "code" stamped into the front, along with the production code and partial VIN you already supplied. Something like "YS" or "YC" etc. If a "W" at the front, a manual trans. "Y" indicates auto. There are others...

Jim
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > LeMans