Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark VIII
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
Broadswords
AF Newbie

Question Alarm is possesed. I need some help.

First off Hi, I'm Stewart, and I am new here and I have a feeling I will be back.

I have had this '94 for 3 months and it has been in the shop 3 times already. so I am not in the mood for more troubles.

I like the car it has low miles and hauls assss. It also is a bit quirkey. I got it for work so I would not put alot of miles on my truck, but that only works if I drive the Lincoln.

A few nights ago at about 11:00 the alarm started going off. I moved the car and it stopped then it went off again and just stayed in that condition until i unhooked the battery. Right now i have a fuse pulled so it does not keep everyone awake all night.

I will be taking it in when i get a chance but I thought I would check the internet before I let the dealer back in my pockets.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Broadswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
Crasen
AF Enthusiast

Re: Alarm is possesed. I need some help.

try cleaning the switch on the top of the passenger fender for the hood with wd-40, if that doesn't work you can spray wd-40 on the switch in the door jam and in the latch mechanism inside the door
Crasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
Broadswords
AF Newbie

Thanks I will give it a try and let you know how I do.
Broadswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
smplyred
AF Newbie

Not poking at you Stewart but you gave me a good laugh today! Same thing happened with mine! We had to keep running outside to the car to try to shut it off. The remote is iffy so you have to keep pressing the button and moving it in different directions pointed at the car or away for it to work. When I saw "Alarm Possessed" I felt your pain!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
Rhoads1943
AF Newbie

My alarm does the same thing, would you tell me where the fuse is so I can unplug it? I have replaced the driver side door mechanism and lubed everything I can find and I just want to dismantle it now.
My neighbors will thank you for any help you can give

Thanks
Rhoads1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
mslv1320
AF Newbie

i have the same car, just happen to live in the same town, did you figure out how to unhook that alarm, my wife was driving down 88th today and the alarm just started to go off and wouldn't turn off at all, had to un hook the battery, i just want to unhook the alarm completely, let me know thanks thanks ron
mslv1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
Markaholic
AF Newbie

Just unplug the harness at the Anti Theft module.

The Anti Theft module is under the dash on passenger side. Flip open the glove box, remove cord on right side of glove box (if installed) and push in tabs on both side of glove box. Glove box should now drop open. Then look for a tan in color module with 2 separate wiring harness going into it. It says anti theft right on it. If you unplug the left side harness it will disable the Anti Theft portion of the module. Leave the right side plugged in.
Markaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
spree
AF Newbie

I also have a 94 with same problem...mine would go off when it rained, had to remove alarm module to get it to stop. Plastic piece cracked by windshield letting water drip onto module, replaced plastic piece and new one cracked also
spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
spree
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree View Post
I also have a 94 with same problem...mine would go off when it rained, had to remove alarm module to get it to stop. Plastic piece cracked by windshield letting water drip onto module, replaced plastic piece and new one cracked also
I also had this problem. replaced plastic piece but happened again, then unhooked module under passenger dash and put in into the trunk...lol...problem solved! no alarm but then again.....no alarm!
spree is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark VIII