Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 06:12 PM   #136
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: There really is no point to this.

"There really is no point to this."
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #137
Hypsi87
I got your v-8 swingin!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
The WRX is a rally car, the EVO was made to combat it. The EVO is a rally car.
Strait line performance is what muscle cars are all about. Torque rules on the street.

Ford was dumb by putting a roots blower on the cobra. Just for the sake of argument, just boost the Cobra with 8 PSI of intercooled turbo and it would make twice the HP that roots will.
If I ever by a Mustang, it sure won't be a cobra. It will be a GT, and the I'll put a intercooled centrifical SC on it and make 500 HP easy.

Why would you not? The cobra is intercooled... it is a water to air intercooler. All you need is a pully and a chip and you are knocking on the door of 500 HP. Call ford stupid or whatever you want, but that cobra is sick. Sorry to bring this back up but, that car is a mean SOB and I get sick of people bashing it when they have no clue what they are talking about.

Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Old 03-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #138
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
its not like muscle cars can turn, atleast imports can do more than go in a striaght line, what kind of racing is a strait line, think about it, its worse than nascar, atleast nascar does left turns, and for everyone that thinks an import cant do shit on the track they're wrong, you obviously have been beatin too many times and are just pissed off at the fact that you know you can get beatin bye imports, im not saying that musclecars cant race either they can drag race, but please, thats all and thats some sad shit, if you want real racing i would love to see you drive your shit-ass camaro down a mountain road and off a cliff, call me when it happens it would be a kodak moment.

bottom line is domestics cant do shit on a circuit, all they can do is drag, and drag racing is some boring shit.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:30 AM   #139
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglesnirt
its not like muscle cars can turn, atleast imports can do more than go in a striaght line, what kind of racing is a strait line, think about it, its worse than nascar, atleast nascar does left turns, and for everyone that thinks an import cant do shit on the track they're wrong, you obviously have been beatin too many times and are just pissed off at the fact that you know you can get beatin bye imports, im not saying that musclecars cant race either they can drag race, but please, thats all and thats some sad shit, if you want real racing i would love to see you drive your shit-ass camaro down a mountain road and off a cliff, call me when it happens it would be a kodak moment.

bottom line is domestics cant do shit on a circuit, all they can do is drag, and drag racing is some boring shit.

have you seen the grand touring events with the real time racing integras and now they are using rsxs. lil four banger front wheel drive is murdering the likes of stands and vettes and vipers.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:46 AM   #140
Bunta
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrow03GT
Jesus, get a life.

Quoted for ultimate relevance.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:00 AM   #141
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
have you seen the grand touring events with the real time racing integras and now they are using rsxs. lil four banger front wheel drive is murdering the likes of stands and vettes and vipers.
Have you ever seen those races?

1st of all an Integra or RSX does not even race in the same class as Vettes and Vipers. The only Japanese cars you normally see classed with Vettes and Vipers are RX7s and Skylines, and they both usually end up getting owned by the domestic cars. The Vettes and Vipers are like in a whole nother league from the rest of the cars.

You kids who think domestics can't corner are only showing how much you really don't know.

BTW the realtime race team uses Sentra Spec-V's now not RSX's.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #142
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
The Viper has one the championship every year since it's been in it

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click
Old 03-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #143
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglesnirt

You have no god damn idea what you are talking about. I was on break at work today and i was flipping through an old Car and Driver magazine. The 2002 Z06 outperformed the Porche 911 and the Acura NSX in every category they tested, yes that includes the 700 ft slalom and road courses; Steve Millen(i dont expect you to know who this is) even said he would rather have the Z06 in his garage than any of those. And you know what the Vette even got better highway gas mileage than the other two. Comon man at least research something before you make a hardassed biased opinion

AF User Guidelines

Old 03-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #144
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Oh yeah, why dont you tell John Force that drag racing is stupid and boring. Or try to tell people like me who go to the NHRA drag races in Chicago and Indianapolis each year that they suck. Exilerating to me is watching a car scoot down the 1/4 mile in 3.345 seconds.

AF User Guidelines

Old 03-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #145
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

me too
Old 03-13-2004, 10:43 PM   #146
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

i just dont really see whats so great about it, its a striaght line, sure they have the launch and it looks cool ands i luv the sound of it, but its over in a couple seconds
Old 03-14-2004, 02:11 AM   #147
Tomsriv
AF Regular

Drag racing is the worlds best spectator sport. Their is a half mile of front row seats. Besides, how often do you see cars reaching speeds in excess of 300mph in other sports?
Old 03-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #148
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

go see an f-1 event if you want cars at those speeds, maybe not 300 but 200 easily, come to think of it wut are you talking about i've never even been to a drag event where anyone reached 300mph?
Old 03-14-2004, 07:04 PM   #149
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

[quote=Z28Josh]The Viper has one the championship every year since it's been in it

true but there having 6 more cylinders it should never lose but it has lost event races................. futher more with 6 more cylinder it should never be challenged.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #150
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28Josh
You have no god damn idea what you are talking about. I was on break at work today and i was flipping through an old Car and Driver magazine. The 2002 Z06 outperformed the Porche 911 and the Acura NSX in every category they tested, yes that includes the 700 ft slalom and road courses; Steve Millen(i dont expect you to know who this is) even said he would rather have the Z06 in his garage than any of those. And you know what the Vette even got better highway gas mileage than the other two. Comon man at least research something before you make a hardassed biased opinion

steve millen? isnt he the founder of the company Stillen? and sure the z06 is a beast i cant deny that but one still cost more then ill ever make in one year w/o over time. and will never be able to afford it. but the evo is something i could reach. and i wont be able to find a cheaper car that would perform in as many areas as it is good at. and if i were talking in the area of a used car it would be a 98 eclipse gsx. ok fine america can make a fast car that handles well. but in order to get a car that can handle like a rx-8 or something of that nature i'd have to speed far more money. end of my statement.