Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Fav. sports car?!
'Maro and 'Bird 6 37.50%
Stang 3 18.75%
Evo 5 31.25%
Duh an SUV to run over them ALL!! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #91
Jared_80
Banned

Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsriv
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I saw that article in Sport Compact Car where they tested the cars from the fast and the furious. The "Yenko" was a clone, not a real yenko and ran 13.7. It was the fastest of the group. The Evo ran a sorry 15.3. My 86 Turbo Volvo runs 15.6. So much for your supercar. .

No I am not quoting that clone in SCC though I did see that article. The car that I am quoting was fetured in Motor Trend magazine not SCC, and it was not a clone, or at leased they did not mention that.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #92
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude97
I dont really care about the american vs Imports. but i got to tell u this as far as looks go the american cars got to go they are to round and to big. oh and about the technology in the new cars if they can get a 2.0L car to do high 13s, what the hell is up with the 7.0L running low 13s. if the imports came with the 7.0L size engine i wonder what they would do at 1/4 with all the technology.
So now we are comparing 60's technology to the 21st century? Give me a break
Plus you are comparing N/A for FI. Try getting a 2.0L N/A in the 13's, it's quite a bit harder and a lot more expensive than getting the 60's technology 7L in the 13's, which it's already there. All you have to do is put headers and dual 3'' exhaust on the camaro, then add some sticky back tires and you should be into 11's territory.
The only reason it does 13's is because it has so much power you can't get traction off the line
Old 12-02-2003, 12:09 PM   #93
BlkCamaroSS
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BlkCamaroSS
Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Posted this before, but here it is again. Took me two minutes to find versus looking all over the net. Simple searches on any search engine give fast results. An 11.94 example right there...

http://scnc.britton.k12.mi.us/~markh/cars/pages/69'%20Yenko%20Camaro.html
2001 Camaro SS #2239 of 6332
1/4 mile time: 13.575 @ 105.55 mph, 60' time: 2.276
307.1 rwhp, 330.1 rwtq = 353.2 hp, 379.5 lb ft torque
Options: SLP Front Grille w/ SS Center Logo, 17" ZR1 Chrome rims, 6 speed, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Monsoon 500 Watt Sound System, T-tops, 1LE Performance Suspension
Mods: Holley PS Air Filter, SLP Air Box Lid w/ Mr. Ed's pipe fix, SLP CAI, SLP Bellows, SLP LM, SLP Y-pipe, SLP 160 Thermo, SLP Temp Module, SLP STB, KBDD SFC
Old 12-02-2003, 04:54 PM   #94
Jared_80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamaroSS
Posted this before, but here it is again. Took me two minutes to find versus looking all over the net. Simple searches on any search engine give fast results. An 11.94 example right there...

http://scnc.britton.k12.mi.us/~markh/cars/pages/69'%20Yenko%20Camaro.html

For some reason your link does not work. Are you sure that this is a stock Yenko or are they racing on street legal slicks with a locking diff?? I found low 12s but they were all modified. Check you source, I highly doubt that it is stock.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:18 PM   #95
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Old 12-02-2003, 06:28 PM   #96
Jared_80
Banned

Oh sorry I thought that you had a real source. Get a lagit source for your data, not some po-dunk hey momme look I made a website crap. In case you did not notice they list modified cars on there too, not just stock cars. Get me a nationaly known source several of them were around in 1969.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:34 PM   #97
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Here is another that backs up the exact same time:11.94

http://www.ebms.edu/fredjefinal/yenko.htm
Old 12-02-2003, 06:37 PM   #98
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Oh and BTW you really need to stop skipping school so you can catch english class to learn how to spell
Old 12-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #99
Jared_80
Banned

A: your link does not work
B: I have never heard of them before, what makes them a lagit source??
C: Keep qouting crap and I will keep saying the same thing. GET A LAGIT SOURCE!
If you can find a real source that I have heard of than I will admit that I am wrong but untill then I will continue to dissagree with you.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #100
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

The link works fine for me.

What was your lagit source saying it was in the 13's again?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #101
Jared_80
Banned

Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
The link works fine for me.

What was your lagit source saying it was in the 13's again?
For some reason your link does not work on this computer, not that I have ever heard of them anyway. My source was Motor Trend magazine, that is about as lagit as you can get, although I will admit that it is hard to test a 30+ year old car and expect it to be as good as it was new, but it was restored.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #102
Jared_80
Banned

OK I finaly got your link to work (it took a few tries) I hate to rain on your parade but they built so few of those things that I would hardly consider them a production car. Lets try to find a muscle car that is mass produced that can take an Evo or an STi. But I would still like to see a lagit source for the 11 second times, because that would be truly impressive.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:41 PM   #103
prelude97
AF Regular

Well what i dont get is all the muscle cars are V6,V8 and also rear wheel drive and all the little ricers are v4 and front wheel drive and they still keep up with ur v8 with the 7.0L. Oh and the 30,000 u would spend on a camaro i would put that money in to a f----- civic and it will smoke the shit out of ur camaro. OH the thing u were all talking about having these new cars running nos and turbos they have crx's running i belive low 10s all motor and its a front wheel drive.
Now the fast and the furious evo was built for a show car not a drag car.
It has a full sound system and all the little shit that u wouldnt need for a drag car. and it is not tuned for the 1/4.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:52 PM   #104
Jared_80
Banned

First thing get it right it is an inline 4 not a V4. Secondly rear wheel drive is much better than front wheel drive especaly for drag racing. For the same amount of money that you would put into that civic, you could push a Stang or a Camaro into to low 10s or the 9s. Don't beleve me ask those FWD racers which one is faster! Plus squeezing that much power out of that small of an engine kill the reliability even on a Honda. If you want to push a 4 banger into the 10s you better get somthing that was designed for high boost not a 16b or 18b. Try a 4g-63 or an SR20. The last thing that this world needs is another poser Civic, so if you do tune it please don't make a joke of the rest of us. Note: A body kit, rear spoiler, and crome rims don't help in the 1/4 mile. Only power and traction count there.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #105
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

LOL, Jared 80 you got to the V4/inline 4 before me! This Prelude 97 seems like a true ricer to me........NAWSSSSSS

And Prelude 97 by all-motor that means no nitrous either. And I would like to see proof of this CRX in the 10's. And even if it is true, it's probably bored and stroked for increased displacement. Plus the CRX is so stripped that it is not streetable at all. The Muscle cars all do these numbers in stock form street trim.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical