Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:23 PM   #16
BMW Phanatic
AF Newbie

no probs here

For what it's worth, I've owned a 90 325i, 99 z3, 03 325i, and a x3, along with 3 BMW motorcycles. The only problem I have ever had with any of them was with the z3 - the wet cell battery went bad after like 6 months - relaced it with a dry cell. That's it with probably a combined total of 300k miles on all the vehicles.

Of course there are lemons from any manufacturer, but compared to the hondas, toyotas and a plethora of american vehicles I've had, nothing compares to my experience with BMWs. I would also like to back up the above comments on making sure you get a check up inspection done by a BMW mechanic before buying used. I did that with the 90 325i that had over 100k when I bought it and never had a prob with it.

I don't care what kind of car you get, if it hasn't been taken care of and regularly serviced, it is a guaranteed lemon, not a manufacturing/quality problem.
BMW F650 CS
BMW Phanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:57 AM   #17
catman3
AF Newbie

Re: BMW 3 Series (reliabliity?)

Thanks all friends, I got the similar fuel consumption from another 318 user in HK, so, I believe that my small 318 do not have any problem.
catman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #18
officered
AF Newbie

reliability!

1983 7 series 3330,000k
1985 325 1 rag top that only experienced one water pump failure...that is normal for any car in the world except air cooled vw's.
2000 323ci rag top with one power windo failure and currently a a/c control snafu where it kicks into high fan on its own and nobody nhas responded to my post yesterday about that. No BMW has ever left me stranded on the road side...that is the true definition of reliability...not lightbulbs etc...
officered is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series