Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
SeanyG
AF Enthusiast

Completed: Studio 27 1/20 Brawn BGP001 (late season)

Well a quick build this turned out to be... all in all, reasonably happy with it although the kit is a little lacking in certain areas and the fit could certainly have been better. I made the later season car and so had to scratch up a few bits, and as I said in my WIP it certainly wouldn't stand up to accurate scrutiny, but I loved this car and obviously as it was JB it has always been a favourite so had to be in the collection.
One thing that does annoy me with Multimedia kits, and especially the modern cars is that the wings/end plates and aero add ons are way way way too thick, mainly being made from white metal, these really need to be removed and replaced however as they are so curved and come in all shapes and sizes on modern cars it would be almost impossible to accurately (and neatly) reproduce them... so I guess we are stuck with these white metal chunky aero parts on multi-media kits for the foreseeable.

http://www.scalereproductions.co.uk

WIP: Ferrari F40
SeanyG is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery