Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
bigj-dog
AF Regular

2002 2500HD Rear Shocks

I'm thinking of putting Monroe Load Adjust Shocks on the rear of my 2500HD, 4wd, crew cab short box, has anyone tried them? I've put them on a few other trucks for customers and they all seem to love them. Monroe says they only fit 1500HD and 2500 non-hd trucks, but the Reflex shock they sell interchanges to either a 1500HD or a 2500HD. I'm thinking since one interchanges, they both should. Anyone have any evidence to the contrary?
bigj-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 AM   #2
bigj-dog
AF Regular

Re: 2002 2500HD Rear Shocks

Well despite only putting on 10,000 miles since installing the Monroe Load Adjust rear shocks, they are getting replaced with Reflex shocks today. When first installed, they raised the rear of the truck up higher than the front, which I was hoping for, the ride was nice, and very little squat even with a sled in the back. After about a year, I noticed oil leaking out of the driver's side shock, and not long after the passenger side too. Obviously the ride went to hell the rest of the way after that. So, even though all the dimensions match, those shocks can't handle even the limited abuse i gave them. Hopefully the Reflex shocks will hold up better.
bigj-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2002 2500HD Rear Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj-dog View Post
Well despite only putting on 10,000 miles since installing the Monroe Load Adjust rear shocks, they are getting replaced with Reflex shocks today. When first installed, they raised the rear of the truck up higher than the front, which I was hoping for, the ride was nice, and very little squat even with a sled in the back. After about a year, I noticed oil leaking out of the driver's side shock, and not long after the passenger side too. Obviously the ride went to hell the rest of the way after that. So, even though all the dimensions match, those shocks can't handle even the limited abuse i gave them. Hopefully the Reflex shocks will hold up better.
In 2006 I installed Bilstein shocks all 4 on my 2000 silverado 4wd 1500. after my winter trip down south I felt that the truck rear had a little more bounce than normal. I found my receipt called AZ and made a warranty swap. when I removed the old shocks they had no leaks and still felt firm. when I checked out the new shocks they were much firmer. after a test ride a much more solid ride.
I have used Bilsteins for well over 10years now and they are a quality product. If your looking for low cost cheapo shocks then these are not for you. in 2006 I paid 120 for the pair. today these cost 240 for a pair. I paid $0 for the replacements all under warranty. so 9 years 80K miles they did perform quite well.......
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado