Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
saxonmor
AF Newbie

1995-200? Lumina (GM) radio LED conversion

I recently converted my '95 Lumina radio from the stock incandescent bulbs to LED's. This is not a simple task!! The bulbs are laid out in a number of parallel arrays in such a way that resistance must be calculated for each of the individual arrays. Then the location of the resistor must be determined for each of the arrays in place of the existing jumper wire. If anyone would like some help doing this, send me a private message and we'll talk. Should be relatively the same for procedure for AM/FM, AM/FM/cassette and AM/FM/CD; Blazer, Camaro, Caprice, Cavalier, Impala, Malibu, Monte Carlo, S10, Sonoma, some others. (saxonmor)
Addendum: I found out that the procedure is NOT the same for the AM/FM/Cassette as it is the OEM CD player; the circuit board is a different layout and I had to retrace all of the circuit paths prior to replacing the jumper wires with resistors and installing the LED's.

Last edited by saxonmor; 05-03-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Update
saxonmor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
chevy , conversion , led , radio
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio