Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D
Initial D Japanese Cartoon Racing, Drifting and more.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #76
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt
Alec, Ajay, Imad, Angus, Klause, Jazz, Dante, Shin, PSH! (Not blow off valve sound*) What kind of names are those! I think you just ripped off those American Initial D names in a bad way...And thats pretty damn bad!
Alec- British guy.
Ajay- Indian guy. This name is pretty common.
Imad- Middle Easterner. Pronounced "Eee-Mahd." Knew a guy with this name in college, and I liked it.
Angus- Very common Scottish name.
Klaus- Very common German name.
Jasmine- A Black girl. Her nickname is "Jazz," and she drives a 911 Slantnose painted to look like the original Transformers character, Jazz. She's my "homage" character, and a nice potential romantic distraction for Kenneth..
Dante- Italian guy.
Shin- Pretty common Japanese name. Either it can be "Shin" on its own, or be short for "Shinjiro," etc.

Maybe you just need to stop reading so much American Initial D manga and get some culture.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:58 PM   #77
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
As far as using maps, I use maps of the Gunma passes to stay accurate to them but the Kurashiki-Okayama run is a fictional road based on the information I've gathered about the area. There are several actual elements I've used, most notably the Seto Bridge as a sort of "starting point".

I did actually sketch out a map of the fictional pass to keep from just BSing my way through Kurashiki-Okayama races.
Wow, coming up with your own road is pretty good. I just worked with what was in my area, and modified the settings just a bit. For example, the field that Kenneth cuts across in his race against Scott is fenced in. For my story, though, it is an open field.

Sketching out the map was a good idea. That helps keep you honest and on-track.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:31 PM   #78
TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt
AF Newbie

I'm still in high school...(Hah! you win that battle!), but I have a more planned out future then you will ever have...Seriously, I don't think anyone would want to head down the road that your heading in...No offense, but try to make a better usuage of your life. I know you heard this crap like a thousand times somewhere, but just take it seriously! PEACE!
TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #79
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm still in high school...(Hah! you win that battle!), but I have a more planned out future then you will ever have...Seriously, I don't think anyone would want to head down the road that your heading in...No offense, but try to make a better usuage of your life. I know you heard this crap like a thousand times somewhere, but just take it seriously! PEACE!
If you think this is my only hope for making a living, you are very wrong.

How do you know what road I'm on? I'm a 23 year old college grad with a BA in Marketing. I finished college in May. I've already had job offers, but had to turn them down because I ended up taking care of an elderly relative at home. Currently, I research stocks. The job market isn't that great here anyway, so it's not like I'm wasting any time with this story.

In my spare time, I work on this story. I have the marketing know-how to make this appealing, not only to my audience, but also a publishing/and or filming company.

Plans are nice to have in high school, but don't expect everything to fall into place. If you had told me when I was a High School senior that I'd change from a Pharmacy major to CIS to Marketing and be taking care of my grandmother at home, I'd say you were crazy. But hey, look at how things happen.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:27 PM   #80
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

VQuick, I'm thinking this one was directed at me.

And, guess what, I'm only 19, Shoppingcart. Yeah, 19, don't that just beat all. 19 and the former track record holder for quarter-midgets at Killidare Speedway. 19 and owning my own classic british sportscar.

I had my first column published at 15 (RPM Racing news, Ohio racing year in review for the "Bats in the Belfry" section). My first published poem was published at age 12 (entitled "Speed of Thought") and my first published short story was "Terminal Frost" under the pen-name Craeyst C. Raygal.

I've worked at aforementioned local shop (under the table) since I was in fourth grade. Doing odd tasks about the shop to get money for model kits and anime paraphenalia. Now I'm a graduate of Parma Senior High, a regular employee and occasional dinner guest to the brothers who own the shop. I'll be going in for ASE certification next spring, and am currently attending classes to gain AC Delco and Echeck certification.

Again, I've made quite a bit of myself. I've barely begun my life, and already I'm contributing a valuable service to my community and have begun building recognition in artistic circles. I have a career I can fall back upon, while building a solid financial resource to use in further schooling, home-ownership, and sound investment. All the while, still dabbling in literature, journalism, and artistic pursuits.

Lets see, culture, solid career, room for growth, care to explain to me exactly where I'm lacking?
Old 12-08-2003, 08:27 PM   #81
TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt
AF Newbie

Stop it! I can't take it anymore! ROFL! If you're so bad ass and have so much precious time on your hands, then why are you just wasting it on a high school student like me? Stop responding, cuz I'm gonna stop. Just don't say anything more. This is sad...
Old 12-08-2003, 09:22 PM   #82
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Stop it! I can't take it anymore! ROFL! If you're so bad ass and have so much precious time on your hands, then why are you just wasting it on a high school student like me? Stop responding, cuz I'm gonna stop. Just don't say anything more. This is sad...

Hey shopping cart, Why don't you grow up?

You come in here talking shit about people you know nothing about. They obviously have futures, they've gone to school they've found what they like in life and they're going to make money using that learned skill.

Unlike you, You my friend will never achieve anything. With your current attitude towards other people you know not a damn thing about. You will fail in life. You have already failed in life. Please leave my forum. Excuse me, our forum.

You have over exceeded your welcome, you have no credibility what-so-ever. Once again, I'd like to make this point clear. You have failed to show us that you are a decent human being. Please end yourself.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:30 PM   #83
TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt
AF Newbie

So sorry...

I'm sorry...BYE!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:56 AM   #84
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
If you're so bad ass and have so much precious time on your hands, then why are you just wasting it on a high school student like me?
That's an easy one. You hijacked my thread, and I'm just trying to get you to leave.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #85
JeffForSale!
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JeffForSale!
Re: Re: Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQuick
That's an easy one. You hijacked my thread, and I'm just trying to get you to leave.
Have you posted this at the idforums yet? How many forums have you posted this on anyways?
JeffForSale! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:03 PM   #86
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffForSale!
Have you posted this at the idforums yet? How many forums have you posted this on anyways?
I posted this at the ID Forums, long before you registered there. Everyone liked it a lot.

This was the first forum I ever posted in in, though. That's why this thread is so old(started Oct '02).
Old 12-15-2003, 04:37 AM   #87
B_Rock
AF Newbie

shopping cart, consider yourself...owned.

now to the point...I stumbled across this site by accident, found this thread, and read it in its entirety. I really dig the story. I do find it kind of overexaggerated in the fact that all the characters change cars with every part of the story. I'm an avid street racer/show participant/car club leader/RX-7 owner from the D/FW area. I'm pretty deep in the metroplex scene, and i'm quite excited to read a story that takes place here in Texas. Although it can't be seen in this post, I actually enjoy (and would like to think I'm at least a bit decent at) writing. I wish I had the time to devote to it. I've always wanted to write a story about myself and the D/FW street scene. I guess this is as close as it gets, though. I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me the final installments of all three parts. I'd really enjoy reading them, and wouldn't mind posting links to them on our club's website. Let me know if you ever plan on doing a D/FW story - I know the ins and outs quite well out here.

GREAT WORK!!!
Brock
glasslotus@aol.com
B_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 06:38 PM   #88
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the props, Brock. You've got mail!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:48 PM   #89
eclipse2quick21
AF Enthusiast

damn man i really like your story. ive read every bit of it and look foward to seeing it on the big screen on day. i know imma little late lol but i couldnt help but to tell u good job man. keep it up. if u get the time can u email me the 3 parts? Pimpin20fo7@aol.com thanks
eclipse2quick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:02 PM   #90
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

You'll have mail as soon as my email account quits acting up.

Might as well give you guys an update. Haven't been working on part 3 very much because of redoing part 2. I'm adding an entire scene to it.

Originally, the whole gang shows up for the drag races on Saturday, the first day, and finds the event has been rained out. They then meet a Gen 2 Lightning driver who follows them out to the country so they can have a race of their own.

Instead, I will have the drag event on Saturday, and introduce a few cars that I haven't had room for. Then Sunday will be the day that has been rained out, with the Lightning race.

With part 3, I'm planning on introducing the Porsche Laufende Gruppe a lot sooner, having a few encounters with them before the big race with them at the end. Hopefully it will build up a little intrigue and suspense before the real race with them toward the end.

Oh yeah, and two more cars: An OG Mini and a Caterham(Lotus 7 replica)! I just love British cars.hehe

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D