Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Press Releases
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #31
Washtub
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's

I bought my wife a 73 javelin back in 1994 for her 35th birthday. Over the years I have put alot of money in it to referbish it. It still needs alot of body work and I can't find anyone to paint the costom perrire cardone strip that matches the seats and the rest of the interior.

I would like to have it done by her 5oth birthday. Nothing too wild, just regular stock, with an 8 track stereo. She is really into retro, and listens to 8 tracks and records. No modern electronics for her.

I think my project would be unique in the fact that I watch your program whenever I can, and have yet to see an AMC Javelin refurbished.

If this is possible, my wife would freakout. I own lots of other AMC's However this one belongs to my wife and is the only one she is crazy about. Even her e-mail address shows the love she has for this car. This is her baby, anything else is just a car.

Thankyou Overhauling, I love your show

Willie Gabrich
7801 Riverside Rd
Fredonia WI 53021
Washtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #32
almadova
AF Newbie

Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's

my husband just bought a 69 vw beetle. the guy who sold it to us hid a lot of problems with this car. we dont really have the money to fix it and i so really want his bug to look great. he can really no longer work with his hands since he's had several operations in the past 3 years and can no longer work on cars. Please overhaulin' help me out. this would be a great surprise for him. we first met 20 years ago and he had a bug that was beautiful but got stollen..

thanks overhaulin you rock!
almadova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #33
amanda_renae08
AF Newbie

Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's

please over haul my boyfriend travis :: he has a 1973 buick apollo hatchback and he has had it since 2004 and has done nothing in his spare time but work on it and spend every dime he has got on it, he sent it to a shop to get it sanded down and primed and paid $1000 and got screwed over it got sent back to us and looked like the ocean had attacked it and he worked on it alot more and got it back to the way he had it worked and worked and more money and more money into it. and then sent it to be sanded down and wet sanded and painted and paid a guy $400 and told him hed give him the rest after it got painted well we picked it up today and the guy had not done $100 worth or work to his car and used $300 worth of my boyfriend materials on other cars hes been working on, needless to say he has been getting screw over this car is his baby he got it for his 14th bday and he loves it so much and he wants it down and money is tight PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OVER HAUL MY BOYFRIEND. ILL DO ANYTHING WE NEED YOU. PLEASE OVER HAUL HIM!
amanda_renae08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #34
katie kat
AF Newbie

My boyfriend has an 89 Poniac Firebird, he loves the car but it is a litlle beat up. His dream for a long time now has been to have it overhauled; although he doesnt think it will ever happen, so I need the overhaulin crews' help to make his dream come true. Please OVERHAUL his firebird!
katie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #35
Denise48
AF Newbie

Hi my name is Denise and I have recently bought an older school bus that I had wanted to turn into a Mardi Gras float for my grandson who was badly burned in 2006 he has had many surgeries since December 2006 (when he was burned while in his biological father's care) and he still has many more to go he has just recently been diaginosed with "post tramatic Stress" and he is only 8 years old.I was wondering if you could come and overhaul my bus for my grandson so he and other children can ride in the 2010 Mardi gras parades..we would be so blessed to have you do this......Thank you so much for your time and please can you let me know one way or the other
Denise48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #36
johnnysbaby
AF Newbie

Cool Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's

overhaulin is the best show. we watch it all the time. my wife has a 69 firebird that would be perfect for the show...she has had this car for 17 years..it was the first car she bought. she has kept that car around her all the time. it is in storage now due to medical conditions she suffers from and is unable to finish restoring the car that she calls her baby...if there was anything in the world i would give her it would be for overhaulin to restore her baby...i think that what overhaulin does for people is great, keep up the good work.
johnnysbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #37
wylievet09
AF Newbie

Hi my name is debbie reed.me and my husband live in a small town called brownwood.i bought him a 81 chevy truck and he has become very proud of it. He had it for roughly 2 months an replaced the motor because the original over heated. We have fallen on hard times he worked in the oil field for two years but do to the economy he was laid off an has not been very lucky since. He has a big heart he stepped into the picture an picked up my family when he didn't have to. We live with my parents who are ready for us to leave but its hard considerining im jus a waitress. By the way my dad has a 74 cuda he also would like to have overhauled its been a project of his for years but not finshed.
wylievet09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #38
jadedangel7
AF Newbie

hi my name is Jennifer my friend Kelly has an old 91 chevy blazer s10 that she cant afford to fix she is a single mom and takes care of 4 people she just got her RN and she could use the help and she deserves it she is a good mother and a good friend she has already spent alot of money on the blazer and needs to fix the hub bearing its the only transportation she has to and from work, and I would love for this to be accepted and it to get worked on so that she will not have to worry about it anymore. Thank you in advance jennifer
jadedangel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #39
Johnthemon
AF Newbie

Here is a great article I found at http://www.autoeng.org

Engine analyzers come in varying sizes:

-Big box
-Hand-held

An engine analyzer should be considered one of the essential tools for any type of drive ability diagnostics, not just
intermittent. No other single piece of equipment can provide as much information about the basic function of the
engine. The engine analyzer of today is typically hand-held, versus the big box of yesterday. Although there are
some benefits to the hand-held such as portability; there are also draw backs, such as fewer features and smaller
screens. To overcome this drawback, many hand-held engine analyzers can now display directly on a PC monitor for
easier viewing and greater clarity.

Offer similar features:

-Starting and charging system tests
-Ignition system analysis
-Cylinder balance test
-Relative compression test
-Cylinder time variations

Big box or hand-held, most engine analyzers offer similar features that are helpful in diagnosing intermittent
problems. Since many drive ability related problems are still related to basics, the engine analyzer is a fast and
effective way to pin-point drive ability problems in a wide variety of areas.

Late Model Vehicles are complicated:

In the past, there were two common methods of dealing with intermittent problems. First, we could wait until the
intermittent problems becomes consistent or at least repeatable. Then we could apply standard diagnostic
techniques to solve the problem. Second, we could start at the front of the vehicle and begin changing parts until
either the problem goes away or, at the very least, becomes less of a problem. The first solution seldom works
because customers need there vehicles to be ready for the daily commutes, nor do they want to drive a vehicle with
a known problem waiting for it to break. The second solution is an even bigger problem, as the customer will end up
paying for parts that we most likely don't need. Or worse yet, the unneeded parts end up costing a customer way
too much money, therefore a good, knowledgeable auto repair shop is needed.
Johnthemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #40
mcnulty07
AF Newbie

I definitely enjoy watching Overhaulin. Would've nominated my old 97 Volvo V70 XC for repair. I bet they could've done some pretty cool things with it but I recently sold it. Look forward to watching future episodes.
mcnulty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #41
jmnjnbailey
AF Newbie

Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Things I cannot change, the Courage to Change the Things I can and the Wisdom to Know the Difference...

There's a saying in a group of Friends, that in order to keep what's been given to you, you've gotta give it to someone else and that's what I'm trying to do...

My husband, Jim Bailey, is a former college student from Century College graduating with dual diplomas in the fields of Prosthetics and Orthotics. In the process of going back and forth to school (5 hours away) visiting me and daughter, Megan, his Mazda truck died. We assumed the loan of a 92 Jimmy from a friend to which I drove up to get him back and forth ready for the junk yard, nickel-diming us to death and falling apart. In the meantime, his heart and soul for a Blue Chevy Pick-Up Truck just sits as it's been one thing after another in the way of getting her fixed up. While he finished school, bumps in the road almost pulled us apart. As I was coming off of being an IV user of Cocaine/Heroin & Meth, he stayed with me & daughter, Megan, through thick and thin, and married me in 2001. I can truly say, "I married MY Best Friend"!!!
Long story short, this man has sacrificed everything from continually working on projects around home (we were finally able to get out of the house-rent-rut through a friend) to helping friends & family, to selling his tools & tool box & motorcycle to keep us afloat, take care of my/our daughter in the 90's while I was in jail (I had her when I was 20, so he's been like her Father since she was 11), and to this day, still drive the 92 falling apart Jimmy without blinking an eye! He's the kind of guy who drops everything to go help ya, give his shirt off his back or give you his last dollar or coin. We've been pluggin' away since!

Today, we are proud Grandparents of two beautiful boys, in our later 40's, Recovering Alcoholics/Addicts...and so much more
My husband has 15 years of Sobriety in and me, almost 12! Choices in Sobriety, Freedom in Recovery!!! WhoooooHooooo!!! We dated as kids, went our separate ways, and were brought back together in `95 in a miracle!!!

Although we've been at the same jobs for years now, and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, through our Recovery, it would mean the world to me to give back to a man who has given so much and see the look on his face when we surprise him with his 1971 Chevy Pick-Up truck Custom Camper Special fixed up Chip FOOSE Style!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That orange/black color scheme looks the bomb (in an episode I saw once) as we are also Motorcycle Enthusiasts teaching people how to ride Motorcycles Safer. Rider Coaching is also what we do come Summer time as Jim is the Site Admin. for our area, so you see? Busy, busy, busy....Sirs & M'ams; I don't care the color...Red/Black even...do what you want! Just, please, please help me surprise the best thing that's ever happened for us and that's having the most wonderful man in our lives surprised to beat the band!!!!!!!
Please help me, help him and show back the love and sacrifice he's done for Megan, me, and our Grandkids!
Please. Please pick me and have us on your OverHaulin' Show giving Jim his fixed up/blow your mind Dream Ride!!!

Thank You from Grand Forks, North Dakota and Thanks for Your Time!

Jan Bailey
janlucantonio@hotmail.com
Hope to see ya!!!!
jmnjnbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #42
krishvandam
AF Newbie

Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's ...

Hello hi this forum site here you can
find many solution for your thread

---------------------

2013 mercedes benz sl-class
krishvandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #43
autodealer111
AF Newbie

Re: TLC's OVERHAULIN' Turns Old Heaps Into Cool Rides, Secretly Turning Real People's ...

Best Prices for California Auto Dealer Bond as Low as 1%

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Califo...eb11824723.htm
autodealer111 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Press Releases