Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Fav. sports car?!
'Maro and 'Bird 6 37.50%
Stang 3 18.75%
Evo 5 31.25%
Duh an SUV to run over them ALL!! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #166
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcatkin
First off redneck, no Redneck owns me. I would have to agree that this is a horrible thread to start, of course it's going to get the Muscle car freaks going with it, and that is only a natural thing.

if u dont like a thread,
1. dont respond.
2. leave it.
3. I CHANGED THE FIRST FUCKING QUESTION!
4. I said later "screw my first ?".
5. See number 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:24 PM   #167
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value. Next year, Chevy will introduce the SSR. Pontiac will also continue to offer excitement with performance powertrains, including the supercharged Grand Prix GTP and Bonneville SSEi and the forthcoming Vibe GT.

how the heck could the idiots think the SSR is any kind of performance vehicle or the GP GTP or Bonneville and definately the Vibe!!!!!!!!!!
None of those cars are anywhere close to the performance of a Screaming Chicken or Comaro!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Old 12-13-2003, 05:39 PM   #168
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
Thank you, I've been waiting for someone to say that.
Quote:
It's a feeling
Quote:
It's about being an American
It's not all about speed, it's power, it's the sound of a 1969 Camaro rumbeling down the road on a hot summer day. It's looking out the front window of your car and seeing a big 8-71 GM supercharger hanging out the hood, it's knowing that you can't be beat, even if you can. It's feeling like a god when your behind the wheel of your American muscle car, it's the rumpety rump rump of a high performance cam barly ideling @ 2500 RPM. It's lifting the fornt wheels off the gruond when you leave the line, it's scoring a 9.50 in the quarter mile, it's the smell of nitro methane burning in your tank. And this is all without N2O, or NOS
Quote:
No replacment for displacment.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:45 PM   #169
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Your beloved EVO will not beat a Camaro down in any real test of endurance, speed, handeling or any other facet of the racing world, so just quit making an ass of yourself and admit it, bring that EVO on over and race a real Camaro or Corvette or Challenger for that matter, for hell sakes your pitting a 270HP turd against a real piece of American metal with no less then 435HP, and that's just advertised HP. If you know a damn thing about how that works, you'd realize that printed HP is usually lower then the acctual power. The L-88 Vette dynoed @ 550HP, And the 302 Camaro that was rated at 290HP, but dynoed @ 400 HP, the ZL1 Camaro was rated @ 435HP but dynoed 650HP, so don't tell me how much your EVO does, when I know better.
Also, the only reason that muscle cars get such bad 1/4 mile times is because there is no possible to get traction off the line, and also 100 FT down the track for that matter. You can only give about 1/4 throttle until you are going atleast 30 MPH or else it will break loose and start spinning.

Don't forget the Hemi cuda, which was rated at 425 HP but actually had 500 to the wheels!
Old 12-13-2003, 06:08 PM   #170
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsriv
VVTI is great, I wish they would put it on V8's, but their is no way for the manufactures to justify it on a street car. As far as the turbos I agree, but the same goes for a larger engine, 6, 8 whatever, with more power strokes it will have a better power band. Their are people with 800hp street trim V8's that are running automatic trannys!
Quote:
I for one do
I run an 1,100HP Camaro in street trim, I mean if you consider street trim, turbos and superchargers, I'm running a 490CID Big Block with a 8-71 GM roots type Supercharger, and a 5 speed standard tranny, it runs fine on the street, no problems at all.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:19 PM   #171
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

i said before how do u guys say that u get 10 sec. 1/4's and i said the Ford GT gets through the 1/4 in like 12 point something seconds well actually after true testing on the completed version(well actually they are modifying the seats so its not the completed one) and the 1/4 is in 11.6@128 ok thats a bit off topic but i thought i should say that.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=7565
Quote:
Old 12-13-2003, 06:19 PM   #172
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
Here is a great newsflash for you the new Corvette ZO6 has Z-tech, which is Chevys equivlent to VVTi and V-tech. Unfortunetly they do not make the redline high enough (6500RPM I think) so it is a mere 405hp, which is nothing to be laughed at. But it still does not approch the spacific output of a Civic Si or an S2000. There are several problems with turbocharging V8s the first and most annoying is the crossflow issue which makes it hard to use a single turbo without extreamly expensive headers (the heat makes the bent downpipe expand and crack near the Y pipe). You could just install a twin turbo but then you have to deal with a whole new set of problems, especaly pipe work and the innercooler. The second issue that you face is that most V8s were not built for forced induction, hence their cooling suffers, and the blocks tend to blowout under the extreme high pressure and heat of high boost (except for speciality made blocks). This too can be fixed with water injection but since it is illigal in almost every form of racing (except drag racing) it is pure shooting in the dark to find a good system. These are the primary reasons that you don't see nearly as many turboed V8s as you see turbo 4 bangers. There are people who overcome all these chalanges and build very fast cars, but you can be assured that they know their stuff, even better than I do.
Quote:
We need a comon goal.
If we keep dinking around with battling the American against Japanese thing the we will all lose when the government decides to illegalize it all. Thay came so close to getting it done one time already, and that was back in the 70's, when the gas wars started, if we don't find a way to just get together on all this crap then we will all lose in the end. Believe me they do want to abolish the high performance car idea all together in this country. If you don't believe it then just ask some people that were around in the 70's and see how close we came to losing it all together, if you think that them putting a ban on the American muscle cars won't lead to them doing the same with the Jap stuff, then you'd better think again.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:36 PM   #173
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Oh sorry I thought that you had a real source. Get a lagit source for your data, not some po-dunk hey momme look I made a website crap. In case you did not notice they list modified cars on there too, not just stock cars. Get me a nationaly known source several of them were around in 1969.
Quote:
Here is morre for you
Check out this web site http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm I love the old American muscle, oh and by the way I did remember that cars name, it's the Mosler, it's American and it will out do you EVO.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:53 PM   #174
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamaroSS
I see, I'm biased because I drive an SS? Hmm, I think not. My first car was a 90 Integra GS, my brothers own a 99 Civic Si and a 98 Prelude SH, and my mom drives a G35 Sedan. You can't make a case that I don't know what I'm talking about...

Base Price for a Z28 in 2002: $22,830
Hp/weight ratio: 1hp to 11.09 lbs
310.0 bhp @ 5200 rpm
340.0 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
EPA City/Hwy: 19/28 mpg
0-60 mph: 5.1 sec
0-100 mph: 11.8 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.5 sec @ 107 mph
Skidpad: .87g
Top Speed: 160 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 120 ft
Slalom Speed: 63.0 mph

With seven grand to spare, the choice is simple...

As for your child-like comments about me knowing nothing about the automotive world, thanks for quoting history to me. I didn't realize that since there was an Evo "VIII" that that would mean that there were seven others before it. The Evo VIII is what you spoke of in all of those categories, and no it hasn't been out for eleven years. It's not had any time to prove how reliable it is, especially when it's run hard.
Quote:
A man that knows what he's talking about.
It's not every day that you find a person that really knows what he's talking about when it comes to cars, and he's not a self proclaimed engineer who thinks he knows more then the car manufctures themselves. Black SS I'm proud to say I know you.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:07 AM   #175
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Great news guys the Evo RS is coming to America! The American Version is said to be about 200lbs lighter, and with front LSD. Just imagin what kind of launch that will have. It is said to cost about 2k less than the normal Evo. It gets even better, they are planing on releasing a 330hp version. SWEET. The stock Evo is a BAD car already just imagin how fast the new versions are going to be. Lets see how the new GTO Judge stacks up. (if they really build it)
Quote:
They did build a GTO Judge
Ok jackass, the GTO Judge is not a new car, it was built in 1969 and 1970, just read a little bit before you open your mouth, the GTO Judge was one of the bigest, baddest and meanest muscle cars ever built. It woud scare you to death if you heard one of theose pulling up to your EVO. That particular car sounds like satan himsef pulling up to you, The first time one pulled up to me I had to learn the hard way and so will you, if he will even bring himself down to that level. I think Blackss has said it already, spend a little time learning about it before you go flapping your gums to the men who already know about it.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:22 AM   #176
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
I think we are kinda off the topic? (screw my first ?) i asked another one, but i cant find it, to many pages. It was about muscle car what is the translation now a days. I personaly think any car wiht 300 or more hp is a muscle car. what do u guys think?
Quote:
It will go wayword
When a person comes to the Muscle car forums and compares an EVO to all the real American muscle, and saying that the American muscle has all become lawn dressing, well it does spark the people up to defend what they all know to be the best. It needs to stay in the Import section where it belongs, we all come here to talk about the good ol days when we built up our American muscle to do all the things that we expect of them.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:27 AM   #177
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
When a person comes to the Muscle car forums and compares an EVO to all the real American muscle, and saying that the American muscle has all become lawn dressing, well it does spark the people up to defend what they all know to be the best. It needs to stay in the Import section where it belongs, we all come here to talk about the good ol days when we built up our American muscle to do all the things that we expect of them.

Whats my post got to do with waht u said? and does anyone know how to answer a question these days!!!!!!
Quote:
Old 12-14-2003, 12:41 AM   #178
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
OK lets get one thing streight, you are comparing a purpose built dragster aginst a high proformance street car. Even at that for the price of a ZL-1 Camaro you could put a WRX or an Evo into the low 11s or high 10s on streetable tires. I am not a muscle car basher like some "ricers" but I do give credit where credit is due, the Evo rocks. And consider more than just the 1/4 mile look at breaking 60-0 in 106ft! That is faster than the 360 Modena! Cornering at .97G that is a match for most supercars! 600ft slolom at over 71.6mph, that is the fastest production car that the world has ever seen! 0-30mph in .7 seconds! I don't care how you look at it that is one amazing car and you will not find a musclecar that will match it in overall proformance except for maby the new Viper (only a few even consider that a musclecar) I am not dissing anybody but you would have to be blind not to call that impressive for the amount that it costs.
First off you could buy a ZL1 right off the showroom floor, and yes thay were built to prove a point, and thay proved that point rather well. The point was this, that Chevy could build an ultra high performance car, the likes of whitch none other could beat, and still to this day, a car off the showroom floor has never done. Not your EVO or any other, well I guess the ZL1 Vette maybe did, but it's still proves the point. BTW the reason thay quit selling them was a cost issue, most people coulden't afford to buy them.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #179
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The Japs have tweeked the Evos block to over 700hp I call that room for improvment don't you?
Quote:
800 HP
And Chevy has a 800 HP 4 popper, of course with no torque to speak of, and once again America out does you lol.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:01 AM   #180
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
No I am not quoting that clone in SCC though I did see that article. The car that I am quoting was fetured in Motor Trend magazine not SCC, and it was not a clone, or at leased they did not mention that.
Quote:
Not a real Yenko either.
The fact is a real sYc or Super Yenko Camaro ran QM times of 11.70,this is documented on the super car sites on the net, and in Car craft mag. I'm not just sitting making up fictitious number, all this stuff can be found at different places out on the net, google is a great tool for getting this info.

Last edited by dcatkin; 12-14-2003 at 01:09 PM.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical