Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Fav. sports car?!
'Maro and 'Bird 6 37.50%
Stang 3 18.75%
Evo 5 31.25%
Duh an SUV to run over them ALL!! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Talking Muscle cars.

any muscle car enthusiasts have any good muscle car stories.(Changed so i dont offend any single person in the entire af.

Last edited by Um...Nameless Dork; 11-18-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #2
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Slay some ricers? Yet you have an EVO listed in the poll... Not that an Evo is a ricer.. far from it. Just thought that was pretty odd.

And your list of 'sports' cars is pretty limited...

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 11-10-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
rav440
AF Enthusiast

Talking

nope , never had the extra time to waste .
Old 11-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

whoops, pretend evo is rally cars, suv is other. Or u could just pretend the poll is not there. If i could delete it i would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.

Last edited by Um...Nameless Dork; 11-18-2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:37 PM   #5
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
ugh.. another ingenious post paired with a poll that has so much relevance to the subject.........
Old 11-13-2003, 09:37 AM   #6
Jared_80
Banned

I guss that all of the muscleheads are getting defensive after the Japs started to bring over their next genaration sports cars. The Evo rocks. 13.06 in the 1/4 faster than the GT500 faster than the superbird faster than the Boss 429, and it gets good fuel economy, and you can carry your friends along to watch you smoke those outdated lumps of iron. I guss that if I was brainwashed enough to believe in American iron I would be definsive too.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:56 AM   #7
BlkCamaroSS
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BlkCamaroSS
Jared 80, shut up, no one cares about the import vs. domestic crap. It's played out...

To the thread originator, why bring on a war? There are billions of other threads just like this on on AF, and again, it's played out...

Worst thread evar...
2001 Camaro SS #2239 of 6332
1/4 mile time: 13.575 @ 105.55 mph, 60' time: 2.276
307.1 rwhp, 330.1 rwtq = 353.2 hp, 379.5 lb ft torque
Options: SLP Front Grille w/ SS Center Logo, 17" ZR1 Chrome rims, 6 speed, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Monsoon 500 Watt Sound System, T-tops, 1LE Performance Suspension
Mods: Holley PS Air Filter, SLP Air Box Lid w/ Mr. Ed's pipe fix, SLP CAI, SLP Bellows, SLP LM, SLP Y-pipe, SLP 160 Thermo, SLP Temp Module, SLP STB, KBDD SFC
Old 11-13-2003, 01:48 PM   #8
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
I guss that all of the muscleheads are getting defensive after the Japs started to bring over their next genaration sports cars. The Evo rocks. 13.06 in the 1/4 faster than the GT500 faster than the superbird faster than the Boss 429, and it gets good fuel economy, and you can carry your friends along to watch you smoke those outdated lumps of iron. I guss that if I was brainwashed enough to believe in American iron I would be definsive too.

Wow congradulations they built a car 40 years newer that was faster! Hey let's start puttin those old cars on today's tires and see what they run for times. Or better yet let's see that lil Evo rock and roll agianst a 03 Cobra. I'm not defensive I think the evo is impressive but do you really think a 13.06 scares us?

Old 11-13-2003, 08:45 PM   #9
BlkCamaroSS
AF Fanatic

Since he likes to compare old to new, how about comparing the Evo to a Yenko Camaro, one with a 427 that ran high 11's off the show room floor, and that was with the outdated rubber.

P.S. I'm waiting for the generalized "that's more displacement/if I had the same amount of money, I could be faster than that" b.s...
Options: SLP Front Grille w/ SS Center Logo, 17" ZR1 Chrome rims, 6 speed, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Monsoon 500 Watt Sound System, T-tops, 1LE Performance Suspension
Mods: Holley PS Air Filter, SLP Air Box Lid w/ Mr. Ed's pipe fix, SLP CAI, SLP Bellows, SLP LM, SLP Y-pipe, SLP 160 Thermo, SLP Temp Module, SLP STB, KBDD SFC
Old 11-13-2003, 09:23 PM   #10
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

sorry i now think i should not have posted this, but i did so ya, i like alot of imports but a ricer can be a domestic also, im not bashing imports, u can rice focuses and neons. oh and maybe you should look at what car i have OH MY GOSH ITS A NISSAN!!!!! also whats your defination of muscle car? infiniti(an import) says the m45 is a muscle car. (http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,c...-12001,00.html look at what it says under neath the pic.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.

Last edited by Um...Nameless Dork; 11-18-2003 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:43 PM   #11
BlkCamaroSS
AF Fanatic

No shit, evidently you've not been on forums very long, oh wait, you haven't, you're a noob...

Ever seen "l33t", or "w00t"? How about "n00b"? W3rd? Mad JDM y0? Same principle here, you just didn't pick up on it.

Still stand by "Worst Thread Evar"...

Come back when you got something for me newbie...
Old 11-14-2003, 12:04 AM   #12
IcESouL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
sorry i now think i should not have posted this, but i did so ya, i like alot of imports but a ricer can be a domestic also, im not bashing imports, u can rice focuses and neons. .
first off i don't think this is a good tread but i don't think he was trying to bring up a war between imports and domestic. he said ricers doesn't mean imports so i don't think you guys should keep bashing him
Old 11-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #13
BlkCamaroSS
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcESouL
first off i don't think this is a good tread but i don't think he was trying to bring up a war between imports and domestic. he said ricers doesn't mean imports so i don't think you guys should keep bashing him
His first post, the one that opened this thread, he stated the words "ricers and fart-can enthusiasts". This means import enthusiasts, separate from ricers, and including ricers. Therefore, he encompassed everyone owning a foreign-branded car into this thread. The fact that he backtracked on what he said in his first post in the proceeding posts means nothing afterwards. Both of my brothers drive a 99 Civic Si, and a 98 Prelude SH, and I used to own a 90 Integra, so don't think that I don't know the difference between a ricer and an import enthusiast. This is why the "bashing" has continued.

This thread should have been closed for bashing of people different from himself, regardless of the fact that the thread's in a pro-domestic forum, that being for Muscle Cars. If you don't have an open mind on AF to the others around you, you're inviting problems. You gotta respect all enthusiasts, we're all here for the cars...
Old 11-15-2003, 06:48 AM   #14
rav440
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80

first off JARED the 3 MUSCLE cars you mentioned were not built for drag . they were built for road and circle track racing .
can the evo run a sustained speed of 200mph for 500 miles and stay on the track ?
no ? didnt think so ! the SUPERBIRD can !

if you want to talk factory built drag cars that laugh at the 13.06

YENKO camaro 427
330 426 MAX WEDGE
HEMI CUDA
WS 30 STAGE III 455 olds
just to name a few .

and second i live in AMERICA i belive in buying AMERICAN . and you cant beat AMERICAN IRON !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #15
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
sorry i now think i should not have posted this, but i did so ya, i like alot of imports but a ricer can be a domestic also, im not bashing imports, u can rice focuses and neons. oh and blkcamaross u dont spell it evar.

For somebody who uses terrible grammar like yourself Dork, I don't think you've got a leg to stand on when calling somebody out on their own grammar... when infact it was just a 'slang' term.

And this is a terrible thread, all of our favorite muscle cars of old were built 30-40 years ago. I would hope the cars of today would be able to keep up or beat them with all the technology they have now. I just like knowing that now days most people rely on some sort of power adder like Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger to get the power needed to surpass the older muscle cars.

Sure makes me feel good knowing I've got my 425hp from just the motor itself... and as far as motor builds go. It's pretty mild, there's a lot more I could and probably will untap from it.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical